Princess guarantee stateroom.

aycee

For the first time in eight cruises we have booked a Guarantee Stateroom (MD) on Emerald Princess. We understand that assignment can come at any time up until embarkation but our question is how are you informed ?? Does the TA inform you or Princess ?? Is it by e-mail, text message or do you have to keep checking the cruise personaliser ?? I find myself checking several times a day. I also download the luggage tags which still say 'to be assigned' !!! If the assignment goes down to the wire what do we do about printing off the luggage tags ?? The cruise has been designated full for several weeks now. Cruise leaves on March 18th.

Just have to keep checking your personaliser. I am the same waiting for my allocation on P & O Aurora. We sail March 3rd. All 3 cabins in our group are still waiting for our allocation.

In the past I have been given my room number from within a few days of booking the tour up until when checking in.

That time we were upgraded from inside to outside.

For as long as we still haven't a room number i can keep dreaming that we might be given the penthouse:):):)

With regard to luggage tags, you don't even have to use the princess tags, when you arrive the staff will put on a luggage label and write the number if you have the number. If still awaiting allocation I expect the luggage will be put in a separate area for those circumstances. That was our experience.

We were on the Southampton to Sydney cruise in September - we booked through an online travel agent. We did not get our allocation until the night before boarding - I found out by going onto the cruise personaliser ( which I had been doing every day for weeks!) I never heard from the travel agent.

It was worth the wait as we had a nice upgrade [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Southampton to Sydney cruise in September - we booked through an online travel agent. We did not get our allocation until the night before boarding - I found out by going onto the cruise personaliser ( which I had been doing every day for weeks!) I never heard from the travel agent.

It was worth the wait as we had a nice upgrade [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know some cruisers who arrived at the dock and found out their cabin number, it was a nice surprise for them as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttiiiiinnnngggg !!! Don't think we'll choose guarantee again unless it is financially advantageous !!!

We always like to choose our cabin and lock it in. Some people don't seem to care what cabin they're in so long as they're on the ship but our cabin position is important to us. Maybe we spend more time in it than most. I don't know, but our cabin's position is a big part of our cruise. The stress of not knowing where they'll put you would be not be good for our health. Is it cheaper to book a guaranteed cabin?

I know some cruisers who arrived at the dock and found out their cabin number, it was a nice surprise for them as well.

Happened to us our first two cruises, didn't know any better, don't recall the agent ever telling us we could choose our own, only found out about all that on later cruises.

Happened to us our first two cruises, didn't know any better, don't recall the agent ever telling us we could choose our own, only found out about all that on later cruises.

Once upon a time, we forget to mark NFU (Not For Upgrade). The personaliser showed us in the cabin we had booked right up to the night before departure. When we arrived at the port we suddenly had an upgrade that we thought was actually a down grade. Nothing you can do about it. That's why we always secure the cabin we want and always mark definitely Not For Upgrade.

We always like to choose our cabin and lock it in. Some people don't seem to care what cabin they're in so long as they're on the ship but our cabin position is important to us. Maybe we spend more time in it than most. I don't know, but our cabin's position is a big part of our cruise. The stress of not knowing where they'll put you would be not be good for our health. Is it cheaper to book a guaranteed cabin?

no it wasn't any cheaper to book the guarantee cabin - it was the same price as what was left in that category MD - there was only one left at that time so I thought I'd take a gamble on nominating the guarantee.

Once upon a time, we forget to mark NFU (Not For Upgrade). The personaliser showed us in the cabin we had booked right up to the night before departure. When we arrived at the port we suddenly had an upgrade that we thought was actually a down grade. Nothing you can do about it. That's why we always secure the cabin we want and always mark definitely Not For Upgrade.

when you mark your booking no upgrade its only a request because anyone can be moved for operational reasons, it may not happen but its in the t&c