MSC Seaside / Seaview - Yacht Club - Inside Cabin

Captain Noodles

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this room type or if it is new to the Seaside and Seaview ships ? . There is a massive increase in price between the Inside YC and Deluxe Yacht Club cabins, so just trying to decide if it is worth the additional cost. My wife and I have never cruised before and a balcony cabin does appeal but I presume there will be lots of space and seating options in the Yacht Club itself ? I've read great things about the Yacht Club experience with MSC and would love to try it especially on one of these new ships

One potential problem is that there doesn't appear to be many cabins with an accessible shower. Do people find the shower over the bath difficult to get in and out of ? My wife has MS which makes it difficult for her to get in and out of a bath.

Many thanks

YC inside cabins are being included in the new-builds Meraviglia and Seaside/Seaview so no-one has any experience of these yet. Meraviglia will debut in June so watch for reviews from then.

One suggestion re shower over bath is, if you do consider doing YC, you have free access to the thermal area of the spa where your wife could shower in comfort. While I haven't used them, I've heard they're terrific - much better than the ones in your cabin.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Great suggestion about the Spa area. I think I read that Yacht Club guests have a private elevator to access this ? I presume guests in an Inside YC room will have the same access and benefits as those in a Deluxe YC suite ? Only difference being the room is slightly smaller with no balcony ?

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this room type or if it is new to the Seaside and Seaview ships ? . There is a massive increase in price between the Inside YC and Deluxe Yacht Club cabins, so just trying to decide if it is worth the additional cost. My wife and I have never cruised before and a balcony cabin does appeal but I presume there will be lots of space and seating options in the Yacht Club itself ? I've read great things about the Yacht Club experience with MSC and would love to try it especially on one of these new ships

One potential problem is that there doesn't appear to be many cabins with an accessible shower. Do people find the shower over the bath difficult to get in and out of ? My wife has MS which makes it difficult for her to get in and out of a bath.

Many thanks

good lick find one. it's seems that they all sold out for next 2 years :p

On the Fantasia class there is access to the spa on deck 14 from YC. I see on Meraviglia the spa will be on deck 7, though at the front as well as YC so it's very possible there will be a private elevator for YC guests. I'm not au fait with Seaside - it doesn't interest me so I haven't checked out the deck plans.

I'm sure that all the current benefits that attach to YC will continue on the new-builds and that would include spa access.

Up 'til now I wouldn't have considered an inside cabin - that was until I saw the YC inside cabin prices. I may yet be persuaded, with prices for a balcony being similar to an inside in YC. You have to experience YC to understand this.

good lick find one. it's seems that they all sold out for next 2 years :p

We have one booked for June 2018, and all the inside rooms were available at time of booking a few weeks ago for Seaside. The YC pricing for the inside was cheaper than an Aurea suite. It will be our first inside cabin, but the perks of the YC will more than make up for the balcony lose. If you can book one, go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks again. I didn't think I would consider an Inside cabin either. However, the price differential makes it very tempting given that I think the Yacht Club will offer us plenty space etc. Had been looking at a Silverseas cruise. The small uncrowded ship really appealed. Was concerned that the entertainment options wouldn't be great. The Yacht Club gives us the chance to enjoy all the benefits of a small luxury cruise and also those of a mega size cruise ship. A win win situation I think.

There are 95 YC suites and the technical sheet says 80 of them have 24hr butler service, which means 15 don't?

guess how many inside YC cabins there are

You got it 15 !!!!

(2 x royal ; 76 x balcony; 2 x wellness, 15 x inside TOTAL = 95 )

mera%20YC.jpg#

mera%20YC%20i.jpg

I don't believe it for 1 minute but it's there in glorious technicolour

Bea ... Inside YC available on Dec 23rd if you are interested ... :D

Oh, what a tease you are, Dave :D What's the male version of temptress, I wonder?

Pete ................... very well spotted! I wondered what the catch was when I saw some of the YC inside prices :( Mind you, I could live without the attentions of a butler - it's the rest of the experience that makes YC so special.

YC is YC no matter what type of room you have. Every YC perk is available to ALL YC guests.

If Pete is correct YC insides won't have a dedicated butler which was always one of the perks.

Looks like you'll be one of the first to experience a YC inside - it'll be interesting to hear how you get on.

I've been in YC cabins on 3 occasions - 1st time didn't even notice the butler, 2nd time had a fantastic one and 3rd was hit and miss.

There are 95 YC suites and the technical sheet says 80 of them have 24hr butler service, which means 15 don't?

guess how many inside YC cabins there are

You got it 15 !!!!

(2 x royal ; 76 x balcony; 2 x wellness, 15 x inside TOTAL = 95 )

mera%20YC.jpg#

mera%20YC%20i.jpg

I don't believe it for 1 minute but it's there in glorious technicolour

Absolutely. It's completely futile to have some YC cabins that don't have Butler service. As in many of MSC information, it contradicts its own information elsewhere.

Like the info on the jacuzzis in the One Pool area, tech info says two, all the computer generated images and early models show one, but that makes no sense.

I wish MSC or someone can release current build/fit out photos of these areas around the ship.

If I don't get the FULL YC experience, I will be very pissed off indeed. I paid for it, then I want it.

........ It's completely futile to have some YC cabins that don't have Butler service. As in many of MSC information, it contradicts its own information elsewhere.

If I don't get the FULL YC experience, I will be very pissed off indeed. I paid for it, then I want it.

If I were you, I'd contact MSC regarding this and have the matter clarified. If it hadn't been for Pete's eagle eye this would not have come to light.

It just goes to show that you really need to do a thorough research as MSC are sorely lacking when it comes to imparting vital information. This smacks of an introduction of a 2-tier YC experience with NO mention anywhere - other than what Pete has highlighted. Let's face it, there aren't many who delve into the fine details the way Pete does, nor should we need to!

Minor point guys but you are discussing Meraviglia on a Seaside/Seaview thread !

While I understand it pertains to the YC, on these two ships things may be different.

After all the page Pete has posted is not for either of the two ships, but it was a great spot if that is what they intend on Meraviglia!

The problem with the current brochure information is that it is generic and covers all ships with the YC, and as we know you can contact any of the booking offices who will give you what they believe or think is the right answer. Meanwhile elsewhere those who do know are keeping tight lipped as MSC usually do.

Minor point guys but you are discussing Meraviglia on a Seaside/Seaview thread !

While I understand it pertains to the YC, on these two ships things may be different.

After all the page Pete has posted is not for either of the two ships, but it was a great spot if that is what they intend on Meraviglia![

You're right about it not being about Seaside/Seaview - yet but it has drawn attention to an issue which may arise on the eponymous ships. Are the technical sheets available for Seaside to check this out? After all, this will be the go-to thread for info on the YC inside cabins on this ship and those who read it will have Pete's very helpful post to point them in the right direction of where to look to find this valuable nugget of info.

Gone through all of my documents and read all I can. The tech information that has been quoted is clearly wrong.

Pete, when was this released? I don't believe it for a minute.

Here's a link to the technical sheet - scroll down 'til you get to the last page:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-meraviglia-technical-sheet.pdf

Why would they feel the need to specify "suites with butler service" on the Yacht Club page unless there are suites without it?

Edited by Beamafar

Yes I've read this. Guess we'll find out soon enough, still don't believe this will be the case.

Like I said, this info is for the press, I presume to report on the new MSC classes of cruise ships, not info that normal customers would be reading.

YC experience is YC experience. Not YC 95% experience for some and 100% YC experience for others, it just doesn't make sense or work.

I would still like to know when this information was released to the media? There has been info about ALL of the new MSC builds way before the first steel was cut.

Gone through all of my documents and read all I can. The tech information that has been quoted is clearly wrong.

Pete, when was this released? I don't believe it for a minute.

It says 09/2016 on the technical sheet

mera%201.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52