$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

For my birthday I got bronchitis :( nnoo. But the good news is when I'm not coughing I can be on the phone aall day. I know I should give RCCL time to actually READ the emails I sent over the holiday weekend before I call and they don't understand why I'm losing my mind (re: my money being attached to another reservation)

It's 7:15 here, 9:15 in Miami. I think I'll give them until 10 their time. I'll drop the kids off at school and then start leaving voicemails!

Still no word from my TA. I haven't contacted either, it's not my job to chase her into doing her's when I might be able to get RCCL to work with me.

918, having your TA still in charge of your cruise is just not a good situation.

You mentioned your PD husband may file a complaint with the Galveston PD over TA's handling/mishandling of your credit card.

Why don't you proceed with this, and then call a Royal Caribbean supervisor and give the Galveston PD complaint # , and demand that the TA be removed from your booking.

THEN you should be able to have RCI give you the information you have been seeking (without TA intermediary), and you will have control of your own booking.

Wishing for a good resolution for you, and hoping your family and friends have the best cruise ever.

As hard as it is I want to encourage the OP to start legal proceedings against the TA. We had a local one that did the same thing. She got away with it for quite a while. When she was finally charged there were many people she scammed over the years, but the saddest were those who gave her cash and had no recourse and no dream vacation or honeymoon.

Jvillegal thanks for all your positive vibes! There are so many negative people on social media these days and your positive attitude is refreshing!

Travel agent ponzi scheme....

Sounds very possible

Yay it's fixed!!! I've been going crazy LOL what can I do when I can't read posts?!

I googled her name, her name + TA agency, her name + TA agency + scam, etc etc etc. I didn't come up with much, bad reviews she's left for other TAs which is interesting. And a complaint report on her nonprofit that she's the CEO/founder of. Still not much there, a generic complaint that really could have appeared on any business/nonprofit. Damn.

Calling and leaving the exec CS rep a voicemail in a moment. Not sure how long they take to sift through long-weekend emails. I need this crazy lady off of my reservation. If I have a moment I'll screen shot and black out her name/TA name and show y'all some of the stuff she's posting all over FB. It's insane. Being all over her "team" (again it's a multilevel marketing TA concept) about money and such. Eerr ALL signs point to you stealing my money ssoo.

Waiting for a confirmation from RCCL before I do anything on the legal side. If I call Galveston PD and tell them what I know now they'll laugh at me. All signs point to her but no actual proof to do anything with.

I booked in June for a sailing on the Serenade on 3/6/17. Paid our deposit and had a final payment date in early December. In September RCI charged our credit card almost $1,400! I caught it almost immediately, within 2 days, and called my TA. She called RCI and they determined there was a "glitch" in their system. We requested that the stolen money be put towards our final balance as we were going to have to pay it anyway. Just not fun to pay it unexpectedly! TA and RCI say everything is good to go and they offered $250OBC for the issues. Final payment rolls around and subtotal still showed the original amount due. RCI told the TA that they would authorize our CC for the entire amount, and then only charge the difference between the stolen amount and final payment. Well, guess what. They charged the entire final payment. So now RCI has almost 50% more of our money than they should have.

They've said repeatedly that they've "tried" to refund to the CC but unable. Unsure how that works, as I've canceled and rebooked several excursions due to sales and then refunds show up on the very same CC. At this point I'd be fine with them mailing a check :D They've offered to allow us to put the money we've spent towards a future cruise, but we don't cruise often. Plane tickets, excursions, etc add up!

There's been radio silence with my TA for weeks despite requests for updates. TA requested their legal team get involved on 1/28, but again radio silence. She just says there's been no update from her contact with the legal team when I do ask. On another thread of those having financial issues with RCI someone posted the email for the CEO's office. Am I allowed to email even though I used a TA? I assume not but never know unless you ask!

With our CC the cut off for disputing is a couple of days before we sail. Worried that if I dispute the final payment charge that they won't let us board haha!

Going on 5 months since the "glitch". Might go crazy before we board!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, hit the wrong key... we had a similar issue with the Oasis back in May. We paid our cruise in full and a week later purchased a drink package. To our surprise, we were charged for the drink package AND a remaining charge to cover the increase in price for our cruise!! I immediately called RCL and asked what was going on. They also said there was a system glitch. The agent reversed the extra charge and told us "unofficially" to call RCL directly to purchase anything and do not use the web site. Oookay...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven't read the entire thread...but how is this not credit card fraud?

Maybe instead of telling the TA you will contact the credit card company telling them you are about to contact the DA will provide the proper motivation.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as MLM travel agencies! I don't trust anything that involves MLM. Someone always gets screwed in the end.

Did I miss something? Where did you see MLM ?

Figured it out.... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JVilleGal