$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

I as well as a lot of other people have followed you experience and I can tell you I feel you have been a saint about all of this. My wife and I are on the Freedom on next Saturday. This is our 45th wedding anniversary cruise. I hope and wish your trip will be as joyous as ours will be. God bless you and your family.

Thank you! Happiest wedding anniversary! I know our trip will be wonderful. As you can tell, not much will ruin my mood :) determined to have 11 blissful days in the Southern Caribbean!

I too have been following your dilemma.

I am hopeful that your credit card company will come through and you will get you money back.

If so, you still need to punish the TA that intentionally charged your credit card for someone else's cruise, whether to cover up another fraudulent charge she made for someone else, or to pocket the money the client may have paid her by check or cash.

You need to make comments on her facebook page, or broadcast her name somehow.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! You certainly deserve it!

How do the cruise lines know who else is cruising with you if you don't tell them?

I booked my son and his bride to be on the cruise we are going on April 2018. I booked it months after we booked, booked it online on his account using his name but used my credit card.

Had no problems whatsoever.

Bill

In OP's case, the TA did not call in her own cc to pay for the third party, she called in OP's.

If you call in your own cc the cruise line will take it for payment.

If I get my neighbor's card number and use it to pay for my son's cruise, the cruise line is at fault for taking it. Even if I lie and swear they gave it to me.

All of the examples given have been the owner of a credit card calling in payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In OP's case, the TA did not call in her own cc to pay for the third party, she called in OP's.

If I get my neighbor's card number and use it to pay for my son's cruise, the cruise line is at fault for taking it. Even if I lie and swear they gave it to me.

All of the examples given have been the owner of a credit card calling in payment.

In this case cruise lines tend to believe a TA using the TA reservation system about whose credit card is ok to use. RCCL would have no idea that the TA was perpetrating a fraud. That is until someone gave them proof.... which is what the OP did about 3 weeks ago. That RCCL has not fixed this and then dealt with the "back office" issues is unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In this case cruise lines tend to believe a TA using the TA reservation system about whose credit card is ok to use. RCCL would have no idea that the TA was perpetrating a fraud. That is until someone gave them proof.... which is what the OP did about 3 weeks ago. That RCCL has not fixed this and then dealt with the "back office" issues is unbelievable!

I'm still in utter shock that RCCL has done pretty much nothing. Between RCCL and Parent TA company they could split the $1400 to repay me and then fight it out and deal with TA afterwards. Hopeful that now that my bank is involved things will get rolling. Fingers crossed. Will be calling RCCL yet again tomorrow afternoon. Like usual. Still hopeful that I'll get a bottle of wine out of them by the end of this :')

As soon as I have actual proof of what happened to my card information I'll proceed legally. Until then I'm stuck on that end.

In 7 days we'll be relaxing in Ft. Lauderdale excited to board the Serenade on Monday :D

No, we were using an online TA, not booking direct with RC. Again, nobody asked us to confirm that we knew the people we were booking it for. Having all of the credit card info is supposed to be all the confirmation they need, that and the fact that nobody calls to dispute it within sixty days. If you take your neighbors card and use it, you are at fault for stealing it. End of the story. Your neighbor calls their bank and disputes the charge and the cruise line gives the money back to your neighbor. It is not up to the cruise line to decide who is being honest and who isn't. The same thing applies to any retailer that takes a credit card. If you provide the card details, they assume you have the right to use the card.

The cruise line may be at fault for a number of things but as of right now, nobody is saying who initiated the payment, or who decided it should be applied to the booking that it was applied to (or not applied to in this case).

The OP still has not had confirmation that her TA was trying to perpetrate any fraud, only a suspicion, which has some justification but no actual evidence yet.

With the way things are at RC right now, you can't rule out that it really was a glitch. Highly unlikely but possible.

While I agree with you and appreciate your reply that does not answer my question I initially asked.

Bill

Seven days until we sail. Counting today we have 5 business days to sort this out. Still hopeful as ever :)

My TA responded?!? She said she's working with someone else at RCCL but not my contact. Interesting. I told her who I was in contact with, and then I forwarded our emails to the lady I've been speaking to for the past TWO FRIGGEN WEEKS. Possible that there are communication logs attached to my reservation? I have no idea. Sent the information over anyway :) still think my TA is being shady.

Seven days until we sail. Counting today we have 5 business days to sort this out. Still hopeful as ever :)

My TA responded?!? She said she's working with someone else at RCCL but not my contact. Interesting. I told her who I was in contact with, and then I forwarded our emails to the lady I've been speaking to for the past TWO FRIGGEN WEEKS. Possible that there are communication logs attached to my reservation? I have no idea. Sent the information over anyway :) still think my TA is being shady.

Isn't that nice of her to respond after many weeks of ignoring your emails, phone calls and Facebook messages? (sarcasm font). My guess is the heat is turning up on her by the parent company. The TA made the mistake (likely intentionally) and they are telling her to correct it or find another company to work for. She is dirty and I would literally not believe a word that she says at this point. Hopefully this resolves for you this week. It was great to hear your bank allowed you to dispute the late the September transaction.

Is this your original TA who responded to you or the one who talked to you from the parent TA!

Original TA!!

And I just got another message. $%& has hit the fan. She's calling RCCL to charge her personal card so RCCL will have their money and I'll get my money back 😂😂😂 yeah that's SO not the end of this story.

Original TA!!

And I just got another message. $%& has hit the fan. She's calling RCCL to charge her personal card so RCCL will have their money and I'll get my money back 😂😂😂 yeah that's SO not the end of this story.

I am so happy to hear this!!! You deserve this good news. It appears she is falling on her sword. This clearly was her mistake and it was well past the time to correct it. Please have a simply wonderful cruise vacation next week and put all of this out of your head the entire week. I wish you the best.

Original TA!!

Wonderful. I would avoid going thermo-nuclear until after RCCI has refunded your money and after your cruise. Just think of how much you can enjoy a good adult beverage while contemplating your expose.

It's not going to work like that, Royal isn't just going to hand you back your money. Now if she wants to give you $1400 cash, that's another story, but she is either lying, knowing that it won't work but will stall you a bit or she's really stupid and has no business working in the service industry.

I'm still in utter shock that RCCL has done pretty much nothing. Between RCCL and Parent TA company they could split the $1400 to repay me and then fight it out and deal with TA afterwards. Hopeful that now that my bank is involved things will get rolling. Fingers crossed. Will be calling RCCL yet again tomorrow afternoon. Like usual. Still hopeful that I'll get a bottle of wine out of them by the end of this :')

As soon as I have actual proof of what happened to my card information I'll proceed legally. Until then I'm stuck on that end.

In 7 days we'll be relaxing in Ft. Lauderdale excited to board the Serenade on Monday :D

RCCL knows it is a mistake at this point and should have refunded your money period at this point. They know it was not authorized from you and should be going after the TA period. RCCL can afford it. I would have cancelled my vacation and went with another cruise line. After reading this and about 1/2 a dozen other threads where cruises got cancelled today I do not know what is happening with RCCL. It sure has got me thinking of another cruise line next time.

You have been way more patient than I would have been, I am really sorry this has happened to you. You seem like a really nice person.

Save

It's not going to work like that, Royal isn't just going to hand you back your money. Now if she wants to give you $1400 cash, that's another story, but she is either lying, knowing that it won't work but will stall you a bit or she's really stupid and has no business working in the service industry.

I agree the TA using her personal CC is not going to fix things at this Late Date. But she can get a "Cash Advance" and purchase a Cashiers Check and send you $ by Fed Ex ;)

I can understand why RCCI may have insisted on her using this approach, a charge to her credit card, to ensure that she does make restitution. This keeps RCCI in the loop. They will have a record of her sending them the money and they will also have a record of having sent OP the money.

I agree the TA using her personal CC is not going to fix things at this Late Date. But she can get a "Cash Advance" and purchase a Cashiers Check and send you $ by Fed Ex ;)

It is against RCI's policies to use a TAs credit card for payment of any part of a cruise. Any TA who has completed their training our uses their reservation system knows this.

I wonder if this is just more BS on her part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app