Just off Freedom of the Seas 2-4-17 to 2-12-17

dizneydawn

Friday we hit Windjammer again. I was too full from eating a late lunch at Sabor! This was the second formal night. Hubby had NY strip steak and lobster cooked to order. I made a separate post about this, here is a pic of his plate. 7fb04ab8507e589ab58991a6c22e4e9a.jpg

Did I get that right? A grilled to order NY strip steak in the WJ? I have a hard time getting a good one in the MDR. (This one looks good) I did find some really good minute steaks on Oasis last spring.

dizneydawn,

I know you said you'd get to a separate report on the Chef's Table but I want to ask one specific question. Where did they hold it? Your's seems to be the most recent review while past reviews say it was held in the Windjammer, Chops or Giovanni's. I've gotten 34 people from my Roll Call who want to do CT but I assumed we would need to do 3 separate nights. I think it would take away from the experience if it is in the WJ with all of us together. I'm anxious to hear about your experience.

Joan

Joan, it was held in The Windjammer. They sectioned off the entire area from the Plaza Bar over so I did not think it took away from the experience. But I can see how some would think it does.

I have gotten sick 😷so that is why I have not finished yet! Sorry! Hopefully I will feel better soon and can do the Chefs Table and load the wine lists I took pictures of!!

Do you have the details about the 10 drink card? I have seen it mentioned a few times on this forum but no details as far as how much, what it type of drink it includes, etc.

Thank you!

Mary

Sorry! I had the drink package that I purchased in advance so I didn't get any details! Maybe someone else has asked??

Did I get that right? A grilled to order NY strip steak in the WJ? I have a hard time getting a good one in the MDR. (This one looks good) I did find some really good minute steaks on Oasis last spring.

Makes me want to book Freedom!

Yes! I did not taste it but hubby said it was good! Not amazing but considering it was at the Windjammer he was happy!

Makes me want to book Freedom!

Bob, it really was an amazing cruise. I feel like it was one of our best ever and we have been in a Haven room on NCL and in Aqua Class on Celebrity so for this inside room cruise to be among our best you know it had to be good!!

I have gotten sick 😷so that is why I have not finished yet! Sorry! Hopefully I will feel better soon and can do the Chefs Table and load the wine lists I took pictures of!!

Well, that's sad! Hope you feel better soon! Thank you so much for all you have done! It has really helped this first time cruiser!

And lobster in the Windjammer??!! Is this something new? I didn't think they served it there...

I had the deluxe drink package. It included water, soda with a cup to use on the Freestyle machine, coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade, and alcoholic beverages up to 12 dollars. I had some concern about many drinks or wine not being included in the package after a recent price increase. I asked at bars for the drinks or wine to be within the package and other than the wine lists at Chops and Giovanni's I was able to get what I wanted even if nothing was on the menu. For instance the bar menu (posted elsewhere before we left) that is used in a lot of places has no sparkling wine that fits in the package (they are both $14) but they had a sparkling wine that was included every where I asked (mostly plaza bar by Windjammer). I took pictures of several wine lists and will post them at home (we are driving home now) with wifi when I get a chance.

I also brought all our cruise compasses home but someone has also posted they have them so they will likely get them up faster.

Our cruise did offer valet luggage and I got a copy of that handout if any one needs it.

They also offered the 10 drink card on Thursday night. This was on an insert of our cruise compass.

I loved our bed, hubby did not!! They had a foam topper on them when we arrived. We had them separated as the space to get up to the top was very tight and I am a BIG blanket hog so having them separate worked well for us.

Hubby has a C-Pap. No problem having a long extension cord but it only has one plug so we could not have plugged anything else into the cord, not sure if that was why they let us bring it. The cord was in a pocket of the C-pap and we carried it

On board with us. We did also have a three plug splitting thing that also was not a problem. That was packed in checked luggage. It did not have a surge protection.

We bought 4 magnet clips that we hung all the various paperwork left by the steward. They worked really well to help with clutter. We ordered some magnet hooks but they never came from Amazon and they refunded our money. Thought of them only a few days before we left so no time to order more!!

That's all I can think of for now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the new prices for drinks? The last time I was on it they were around $12 including tip

Awesome!!! We are on the "Twin" Cruise of this one in March. March 4th - 12th. So excited... 20 days to go.

Do you know what any of the entertainment was? Curious to know what the current lineup is.

Will wait patiently for the cruise compass.

-Sean

I am on that cruise too. Been on that ship many times and love it

Food:

We ate at Chops the first night. It was good but not out of this world. I thought my steak was better on NCL at Cagney's Steakhouse. My Caesar salad was really good.

I LOVE the croutons they use on the caesar salad at Chops. :D

When we went to Gio's the next night, I was disappointed to see that Gio's uses the same croutons as the MDR on their caesar salads... :mad:

Thanx for the review. We are booked for a b2b in Dec. We sailed on Freedom's first 8 day out of Ft L and were not happy with our favorite ship. Glad to see luggage valet back and everyone enjoying the Freedom because we love her.

Joan, it was held in The Windjammer. They sectioned off the entire area from the Plaza Bar over so I did not think it took away from the experience. But I can see how some would think it does.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know your feelings regarding the Chef's Table being held in WJ. I look forward to the full review when you're feelin better

Joan

Thank you for the review. Much appreciated as we sail in April. Can you tell me more about the new Beach Bungalows. We booked one for our April cruise on the Freedom. Was the bar close by for Soda and drinks? Lunch close by? Enough space for 4 Adults and 2 children?How was the water for toddlers (calm or too rough) ?

Ok I'm done lol Sorry (can you tell we really need our vacation lol)

Thank you for the review. Much appreciated as we sail in April. Can you tell me more about the new Beach Bungalows. We booked one for our April cruise on the Freedom. Was the bar close by for Soda and drinks? Lunch close by? Enough space for 4 Adults and 2 children?How was the water for toddlers (calm or too rough) ?

Ok I'm done lol Sorry (can you tell we really need our vacation lol)

It may depend on where the cabana is located. If you look at #45 beach bungalows on the map, they are near #39 Columbus Cove Cafe.

0223385bb2e2efb49d855e877a3e5f68.jpg

693f160a8cd0b96e83da293ccbc6e338.jpg

0b9e814dea58001575d3e4a0dc7ba742.jpg

Glad to report "old menus" have now been returned and prime rib and duck are once again available. On the whole food in the MDR was very good to almost excellent..

I was wondering what menus the Freedom was currently using. So by your comment they are back to the same ones they have been using for the past 4 years - Mojo, Basil, etc?

Any one have photos beach bungalows on Columbus Cove

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nevermind, for some reason the link I tried posting won't open. But try googling "beach bungalow columbus cove labadee". Some great pictures.

Edited by LilOleLady
error