Cruise Port to Barcelona Airport Rccl Shuttle

cruiznut

We have booked the Rccl shuttle to Barcelona Airport after our cruise. We need to get to the airport quite early so are hoping for the first bus out. When are you informed what bus you are on and what time it is departing? We are taking our bags off with us so where do people usually meet the bus? Thanks for the help!

The times will be available about day 5 (if you're doing a 7 day cruise). But the times they provide will only be the time you get off the ship - not the time the shuttle leaves for the airport.

If you need to get to the airport early, then you are probably better off taking a taxi. If I remember correctly when I took the shuttle to Barcelona airport the disembark time was around 8:30am then you get your luggage etc. and the bus is outside the terminal. The bus then waits to 80%-100% full before it leaves for the airport. So if you self disembark you'll still have to wait a bit before the shuttle is ready to leave. There won't be a shuttle for those self disembarking. If you check with Royal Caribbean they will generally suggest that you don't book the shuttle for flights leaving before 12pm.

The shuttles go regularly. You land, hand your luggage over, depending on the time you arrive you may check in for the cruise in the airport so you're not queuing at the port. Then you're basically put on the first available bus.

I think the OP was asking about the post cruise shuttle.

We have booked the Rccl shuttle to Barcelona Airport after our cruise. We need to get to the airport quite early so are hoping for the first bus out. When are you informed what bus you are on and what time it is departing? We are taking our bags off with us so where do people usually meet the bus? Thanks for the help!

In 2009 we beat our friends to the Taxi queue by about 15 minutes. We got to the airport about 2 hours ahead of them. The taxi line really grew from about 8:00 am to 8:15. We made our 11 am flight to JFK they did not. Frankly I would not do this again. Biggest mistake we ever made was not spending more time in Barcelona.

We have always used the cruiseline shuttles (X in our case), have always been the first ones off the ship, closest luggage pickup section in the terminal, and at the airport even before the US-bound airline desks opened for the day (8am). Easy and worthwhile.

If you post the time of your flight and whether it is a connecting flight to somewhere else in Europe from which you'll leave Europe (e.g. fly Barcelona to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to say Boston) or if it will take you out of Europe directly, then we (cruise critic people) will be able to give you some more specific advice.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Phillygirl47 said:

I tried to book transportation from the ship Royal Caribbean to the Airport in Barcelona and they told me they dont start until 10am. Well my flight is at 8am. The ship docks at 5am what am I gonna do the cabs are to high

Taxi is a flat rate of 39 Euros between the port and airport.

I booked RCI shuttle and it took ages for everyone to turn up and wished I'd taken a taxi.  There are loads of taxis and the queue usually goes down quite fast as I've sone this option as well.  Have also used sun transfers and they were a nightmare as driver was around 2 hours late as he forgot his ID to get into the port area - do not choose them!

Taxi for me all the way now.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, TeeRick said:

Sometimes it depends on your cabin type.  I believe on Oasis Class ships like Harmony you get free Voom with suites (except Jr suites).

2 hours ago, Phillygirl47 said:

I tried to book transportation from the ship Royal Caribbean to the Airport in Barcelona and they told me they dont start until 10am. Well my flight is at 8am. The ship docks at 5am what am I gonna do the cabs are to high

Just because the ship docks at 5am doesn't mean you can get off then. We've flown home from Barcelona twice but we've never did the walk off with luggage, so I can't tell you what time you'll be able to get off. I think the airport is about 1/2 hour away. You still have to check in and find your way to the gate. Good luck making your flight. I don't know of anything earlier, faster, and cheaper than the cab that would meet your requirements.