Speciality Dining Packages - Silhouette?

phabric

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette.

I am looking at the Speciality Dining Packages.

Can you purchase them onboard? Or, you have pre order in advance of your cruise?

Once onboard do they offer a discounted speciality dinner?

Do you have to reserve in advance date and time? Or, can you wait to reserve until you on board?

Can you go to a different restaurant each night of your package?

Is the Unlimited Dining Package still available?

Since this is my first Celebrity, what are your thoughts on the speciality restaurants? I have eaten in speciality restaurants on other cruise lines.

Can you purchase them onboard? Or, you have pre order in advance of your cruise?

Do you have to reserve in advance date and time? Or, can you wait to reserve until you on board?

Since this is my first Celebrity, what are your thoughts on the speciality restaurants? I have eaten in speciality restaurants on other cruise lines.

You can purchase on board. The package seems to be well discounted with 3 dinners at $109. We did the 3 dinner and the 4 dinner packages on recent back to back cruises and it worked out well. We reserved all reservations for the week on the first day of each week, but were able to change some later in the week(although some restaurants were booked solid and could not be reserved later). If you want to take a chance and book as you go, there is always a discount on the first night, and then, depending on the number of bookings, you might get offered a discount later in the week.

We enjoyed all of the restaurants on the Silhouette, but our favorite, both weeks, was the Lawn Club Grill. We used one of our dinners as the week 2 'embarkation lunch' at Sushi on 5 (there is an a la carte menu, but with the package, you order what you want, as little or as much). We also enjoyed Murano both weeks, Tuscan Grill once, and Qsine once. I was surprised that I liked the changes in Tuscan Grill, but it was a top notch meal, and I am basically over Qsine.....cute approach, quirky, fun environment, but average quality, and just too much food. We left miserable, again.....we have crossed it off the list for next year.

I will say that the remainder of the meals that we had in the MDR were very good, including the service. We had always purchased the Ultimate Dining Package in years past, and I will honestly say that we didn't miss out on anything by scaling it down this year.

Oh, the Oceanview café, the Aqua spa café, and the Mast Grill for burgers, all great!!

Thank you for your answers.

Any help on how to make a restaurant reservation?

When I go to Add the Dining Package to my shopping cart, it only shows the first two days on the ship with a couple of times.

It does not shows any restaurants to choose.

Does Celebrity choose the restaurant for you? You just select the time you want?

Or, once on board on embarkment day, you go to a restaurant to make the restaurant? Do you need to go each restaurant to make a reservation or do they have a computer to make all reservations at once?

Do you receive any thing in cabin on embarkment about your dining package?

What kind of food is serviced at Qsine?

My experience of a 4 night dining package on Royal Caribbean (which may or may not be the same in sister company X) is that it was possible to alter your first reservation once on board.

We were asked to go to individual restaurants to make bookings but this was because there was an IT glitch. We had a completely free choice and able to alter pre booked reservations. We could have repeated same restaurant if we had wished.

Just one heads up, you would be wise to make bookings as soon as possible after boarding as popular times say, 7 - 8 30 ish, and formal/chic nights are likely to be in demand. But, that said, I understand that this can vary considerably from cruise to cruise. Large groups, for example, can impact on availability.

When on board, there will be stations set up as you receive your "Welcome Aboard" drink. They can arrange all the times and days for you.. But do it that day.

You will receive a confirmation card in your room the day before your reservation as a reminder.

Check out the menu in Qsine. It has a variety of foods from around the world. It is best going with a group of people as the amount of food is HUGE. Best to go with others and sample plates. Quirky and fun.

You will see only a few of the available times when looking online. There will be more available.when you get onboard.

Thank you for the help information.

Also, they block out dining times when you book online. If you go to the table that is set up when you board, you will be able to secure just about any dining time you want. I have booked online in the past, and have found it easier just to book when I board. If you have any onboard credit, you can use it this way as well.

The packages are per person, and the price (in my experience, at least) has been the exact same online as on board. We find the 4 dinner package to be the best on the wallet, it adds the 4th dinner for only $16, worth it to us, and we use it at Sushi on 5 for a nice lunch!

• 1 month later...

Was noticing that the Lawn Club Grill was not included in the pre paid dinner packages on the website...is this true? This is definitely one of our fave restaurants and hope that this is just a mistake. We want to purchase a dining package and of course include it in our choices. Can anyone verify if it is or it isn't included in the dining packages??