Late flight back from Venice

dab1952

We are on Norwegian Star in Venice in Sept. Our flight back is late at night and we vacate the ship at 9 am.

Can you stay on the ship later? If not can you leave your luggage somewhere other than the airport and spend the day in Venice?

Any suggestions please

You can't stay on the ship late. They will be pressuring you to get off from about 9am, and you won't manage to stay any later than 10am.

I assume you are flying from Marco Polo? If so they don't want you there more than 3 hours before your flight. Whenever we have flown out of there, they don't open checkin desks more than 3 hours before and there really isn't anywhere even to sit in comfort before check in.

There is apparently a bag storage at Piazza Roma, which is where the people mover drops you off, although I don't know the details. I would look into that, as it seems to be the best bet for dropping bags off and having some time in the city.

Edit: I assume this is the place:

http://www.trasbagagli.it/en/pg/view/53/luggage-storage-venice-piazzale-roma-airport

We used the bag drop in Venice and it was wonderful! They delivered the bags to the airport where we picked them up right outside the terminal. We trusted them with our carry-on and computer too. Just a note, if you ask for the bags at a certain time they will be there at that time, don't expect them to get there early. So maybe ask for pickup 1/2 an hour earlier than you expect. (at least for us as we are habitually 15 mins early for an appointment).

Vic

I you can do the bag drop as the previous poster mentioned, I would highly recommend that! This gives you a whole day in Venice. You could start exploring at Piazza Roma and work your way to Doges Palace either by foot or vaparetto. You could enjoy Doges Palace/St Marks and you could take the Aguillia back to the airport directly from Zacharri or Arsenole without having to worry about getting back to Piazza Roma. Maximizes your day in Venice. Great end to a fabulous trip.

We used the Piazzale Roma baggage drop and it was a piece of cake. As others have said, it's right in the same building that you arrive to when you use the people mover from the port. The two bus companies that go to the airport from the Piazzale Roma also leave from right near there, on level paved ground. We didn't have the option to have our bags sent directly to the airport by the baggage place -- it sounds as though that may not be available every day or at least wasn't available when we went. But it wasn't really a hassle. We dropped our bags off, explored Venice, and then a few hours before our flight we picked them up and put them right on the bus. Very simple. You could also grab a taxi right there too.

One thing to watch out for -- when we got off the people mover there were a bunch of guys with signs offering to store bags for a euro or two less than the transbagagli place. They may well be reputable, but it seemed shady. You're looking for the transbagagli place that is actually an office in the structure facing out on to the plaza.

I was moving some furniture around the other day and cleaned out a drawer. I found the flyer from Trasbagagli. The web address is trasbagagli.it . It does mention luggage delicery at the luggage storage of Venice "Marco Polo" airport. Pick-up no later thank 8:30 pm.

Vic

We used the bag drop in Venice and it was wonderful! They delivered the bags to the airport where we picked them up right outside the terminal. We trusted them with our carry-on and computer too. Just a note, if you ask for the bags at a certain time they will be there at that time, don't expect them to get there early. So maybe ask for pickup 1/2 an hour earlier than you expect. (at least for us as we are habitually 15 mins early for an appointment).

Vic

We're actually flying out the next day, but can't check in at our hotel in Mestre San Giulliano until4PM. Do you know if the bag drop service will transfer them to the hotel or only to the airport?