Restaurant reservations

hypercafe

We are taking our first Viking Ocean trip. We have a lower cabin where you can not make reservations ahead of time. O have two questions, does the main dinning room require reservations and will I be able to eat in the Italian restaurant at least once on a 14 day trip. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

No reservations needed for main dining room - and you will be able to make specialty restaurants reservations once on board. I would recommend doing that early in your cruise. When we were on board there was a separate desk near the Explorers desk that allowed you to do this - as well as going to the actual restaurant in the evening to make a future reservation. Personally I thought the separate desk was a smooth and easy way of doing this.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to our trip[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

We had the same type cabin you do. We were on a 14 night cruise and ate at specialty restaurants 7 of those nights. Usually not a fancy restaurant type guy but really enjoyed Chef's Table. Made advanced reservations for every rotation after trying first two menus.

Decided to try the first menu on the last night it appeared and showed up at the place when they opened to see if we could get in that evening and were seated immediately. Before we left we booked the next menu.

Manfredi's was a little different. We were invited to a birthday party on our day at sea and we knew it would be dependent upon the reservations when we boarded. We did arrive by 11: on Embarkation day to get these things attended to. No problem, we were set. That was in one of the private rooms and about 3 or 4 days before we disembarked we were talking and felt we had not really experienced that restaurant and heard that it was completely booked for the rest of the cruise. I went to the desk there and explained our thoughts and was told they were completely booked on the computer so they could not take a reservation for us but we were told to check back on a certain night when they opened and lo and behold, we were seated.

It can all work out. Be a little flexible and I'm sure all of your expectations can be met.

How early does Manfredi's open? Is the earliest time the most difficult to book?

The restaurants are open from 6 PM- 9 PM in the Caribbean. 7-8 seems to be the hardest to book. We are onboard the Star right now. Early in the cruise, reservations for 6-6:30 and 8:30 were available. Some IT disconnect occurred with advance reservations so confirm all dining reservations when you get onboard. One of ours disappeared.

We made two reservations in advance. On a 10 day cruise, we've eaten at Manfredi's four times and the Chef's Table twice. You can make reservations in person or via your stateroom TV.

The restaurants are open from 6 PM- 9 PM in the Caribbean. 7-8 seems to be the hardest to book. We are onboard the Star right now. Early in the cruise, reservations for 6-6:30 and 8:30 were available. Some IT disconnect occurred with advance reservations so confirm all dining reservations when you get onboard. One of ours disappeared.

We made two reservations in advance. On a 10 day cruise, we've eaten at Manfredi's four times and the Chef's Table twice. You can make reservations in person or via your stateroom TV.

My husband will be very happy as he loves the 5:30/6:00pm slot, lol