Miami Port Craziness?

FabJay94

...this will be my first cruise and first time to be in Florida. I get very nervous and anxious when driving new places so wanted to know if everything is clearly marked as to where I need to go when I get there (carnival cruise). Do I drop off my passengers and luggage first or park and roll my luggage to the terminal? Do I need to have the money ready to park at the port or when I leave? Please and Thank You.

There are signs as you enter for which Terminal your ship is docked at. And there are signs for the Terminals but you can probably see your ship any way. One of the traffic folks or porters can direct you to the unloading area. Unload you passengers and luggage. The porters will take it and show you how to get to the garage. Park, walk back over and enter with your group. When you enter the garage you'll get a ticket, just like any parking garage ticket. When you return, there are machines on the ground floor where you can pay by credit card. I think you have 10-15 minutes to leave, maybe a little longer. Or you can pay cash on exit. Have your passengers guide the porter to outside the garage, the porter will know where to go. You, or the driver, go pay, if paying by cc, and get you car and then drive down, load the luggage and off you go.

I suggest you get to the terminal by 10AM if not earlier. Parking places can be hard to find as sometime there are 2-3 ships along the same terminal area and using the same garage.

Its fairly simple and there are signs all around, just drive slowly once you get in the port and you will be fine. Parking is paid when you leave, can use cash or credit.

As for dropping off passengers or parking first, whatever you are more comfortable with. Parking is right next to the terminals.