Wine Card?

tapia

Hey everyone. I realize I'm about to ask a strange question...........

I heard from 2 people (separately) that you can purchase 'wine cards' on the Princess ship. I've sailed one previous time on a ship and I can't say I remember this at all........

Any help? Anyone ever purchase a wine card (used like the soda cards)?

Haven't seen one on the past two cruises I have been on...in March 05 and April 04.

Me neither, but that's why I thought it was strange. I heard from 2 people that they heard from people. I know that's not really accurate, so I'm not sure....

But, I thought I'd ask anyways... It would be FABULOUS if they did. Any knowledge of it though?

Just off the Island Princess and no wine card :(

In the past Royal Caribbean had a drink card you could purchase that gave you 6 drinks for the price of 5.

Princess does have a beer special for Dos Equis. You get 5 bottles for the price of 4. Comes in a tub with ice so you can take it to your cabin and keep the unopened bottles in the refrigerator. If you want to do this you might want to bring a bottle opener.

Hey everyone. I realize I'm about to ask a strange question...........

I heard from 2 people (separately) that you can purchase 'wine cards' on the Princess ship. I've sailed one previous time on a ship and I can't say I remember this at all........

Any help? Anyone ever purchase a wine card (used like the soda cards)?

Do not know if this helps, but on most of our recent cruises there have been wine tasking sessions. Something about buying a ticket, and if you buy a bottle during the taste testing you get part or all of your entry fee credited toward the bottle.

As you can probably tell I have never been. But maybe that is the "wine card" you are hearing about. :o

Do not know if this helps, but on most of our recent cruises there have been wine tasking sessions. Something about buying a ticket, and if you buy a bottle during the taste testing you get part or all of your entry fee credited toward the bottle.

As you can probably tell I have never been. But maybe that is the "wine card" you are hearing about. :o

Thanks for the info about the wine tasting, I'm looking VERY forward to seeing it. But, this is like a soda card....any ideas?

Princess doesn't have a wine card. Sorry.

RE: wine tastings. There are two, a 'regular' and a maitre d's. The MD's wine tasting is $25, but includes much better wines and really nice hors d'ouevres. The regular one seemed to be an excuse to push some rather mediocre wines.

Princess doesn't have a wine card. Sorry.

RE: wine tastings. There are two, a 'regular' and a maitre d's. The MD's wine tasting is $25, but includes much better wines and really nice hors d'ouevres. The regular one seemed to be an excuse to push some rather mediocre wines.

Thanks for the info! Do you know when they are normally held?

At the first wine tasting you can purchase wines for dinner at a discount. When you sit down for dinner, you give the waiter the coupon and he brings you the wine. If they are out of the brand you have a coupon for, you get a better wine for the same coupon. It worked great for us.

Archived