Booking a cruise while on board?

Is there a big difference when booking a future cruise on board, as opposed to waiting for the many promotions that they usually have throughout the year.

I'm assuming the greatest advantage is have the biggest amount of rooms available to chose from.

Is there a big difference when booking a future cruise on board, as opposed to waiting for the many promotions that they usually have throughout the year.

I'm assuming the greatest advantage is have the biggest amount of rooms available to chose from.

Booking a cruise onboard another cruise gives you a reduced deposit and on board credit:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50760283&postcount=55

Absolutely!!! You also get their undivided attention and knowledge so you know you thoroughly weighed out all your options.

We booked on board last year and in addition to wonderful rates and lower deposits, you can continue to receive discounts even after your booking, just watch for their advertised promos and you can contact RCI to see if their current special is better than your current booking. We have had $400 plus credited back on both of our rooms towards our Cruise in March. [emoji846]

Happy Cruising!

I forget to mention that if you do book onboard, you can still take advantage of any promotion that comes along, as long as it is before the final payment date.

I decided on our last cruise that a UK cruiser didn't have much advantage on booking onboard, unfortunately. As we don't get price drops, options to change for better promos etc., without loosing the deposit - it not a great benefit other than the deposit is reduced, so you don't loose quite as much :eek:

The rep on our last cruise actually agreed with my comments, as above, when I was asking her about booking onboard.

If UK cruisers make any changes to their booking, then we loose the OBC too.

So as we are booked up for 2017, we decided not to book anything else onboard and see if there is a more favourable promo during our June Oasis cruise :D

We have booked on board for our next cruise on the last 4 ships we sailed.

Got the perks like Bob said.

Transferred to our TA.

And

Watched daily for any price reductions.

Never ended up paying the original booking price.....have gotten anywhere from $1200--to--over $2000 reductions on Crown loft suites from original booking price.

Something to do till cruise final payment gets here.

Safe travels.

On our upcoming cruise on Anthem in Sept. we are for the first time gonna sit down and talk to them about our next cruise. We usually book our next cruise quickly after returning from our current cruise. I figured why not talk to RCCL on our current cruise about it. I like the reduced deposit alone. I heard after you return you can transfer the cruise you booked on-board to a TA if you want. I may just leave it with RCCL but may also transfer.

On our upcoming cruise on Anthem in Sept. we are for the first time gonna sit down and talk to them about our next cruise. We usually book our next cruise quickly after returning from our current cruise. I figured why not talk to RCCL on our current cruise about it. I like the reduced deposit alone. I heard after you return you can transfer the cruise you booked on-board to a TA if you want. I may just leave it with RCCL but may also transfer.

You've got 60 days after booking to transfer to an agent.

Jamesscc,

Try to do your homework on current pricing before you sail so that you know if you even want to sail on that cruiseline.

I'm not following? We almost always sail RCI, because we like them and we like sailing out of NJ.

I decided on our last cruise that a UK cruiser didn't have much advantage on booking onboard, unfortunately. As we don't get price drops, options to change for better promos etc., without loosing the deposit - it not a great benefit other than the deposit is reduced, so you don't loose quite as much :eek:

The rep on our last cruise actually agreed with my comments, as above, when I was asking her about booking onboard.

If UK cruisers make any changes to their booking, then we loose the OBC too.

So as we are booked up for 2017, we decided not to book anything else onboard and see if there is a more favourable promo during our June Oasis cruise :D

This is a real shame. It would be good to understand why the UK cruisers don't get the same benefits :(

I'm surprised they allow that at all, but at least you have the choice for 60 days. I may just leave on RCI, and keep on things myself.

Yes, Bob is correct. We have done the same thing. What's nice about booking with NextCruise, as was touched on earlier, is the OBC. We booked our upcoming Navigator cruise while onboard Freedom. We booked for 4 of us with $100 deposit for the entire stateroom (originally booked for Freedom in an OV - then had to change itinerary and ship). We then transferred the booking to our regular TA. We also changed stateroom category to a D1 balcony, all while keeping the same $100 stateroom deposit. The best part was once our $100 deposit was processed, we were given $100 OBC for the current cruise we were on. Really a great deal if you're planning on booking another RCI cruise.

A bit off topic, but was excited to find this out....we are currently booked on Navigator 9 night Miami to Labadee, and all 3 ABC islands. I was comparing to Carnival's closest itinerary to this one (8 nights to Aruba, Curacao, La Romana, and Grand Turk). Carnival's rate was within $150 for a comparable balcony cabin on Carnival Vista to what we are paying. However, our current pricing includes prepaid gratuities and $250 OBC. Surprised to see that we actually are paying a lower price on Royal than Carnival!

Yes, Bob is correct. We have done the same thing. What's nice about booking with NextCruise, as was touched on earlier, is the OBC. We booked our upcoming Navigator cruise while onboard Freedom. We booked for 4 of us with $100 deposit for the entire stateroom (originally booked for Freedom in an OV - then had to change itinerary and ship). We then transferred the booking to our regular TA. We also changed stateroom category to a D1 balcony, all while keeping the same $100 stateroom deposit. The best part was once our $100 deposit was processed, we were given $100 OBC for the current cruise we were on. Really a great deal if you're planning on booking another RCI cruise.

A bit off topic, but was excited to find this out....we are currently booked on Navigator 9 night Miami to Labadee, and all 3 ABC islands. I was comparing to Carnival's closest itinerary to this one (8 nights to Aruba, Curacao, La Romana, and Grand Turk). Carnival's rate was within $150 for a comparable balcony cabin on Carnival Vista to what we are paying. However, our current pricing includes prepaid gratuities and $250 OBC. Surprised to see that we actually are paying a lower price on Royal than Carnival!

Thank you for the post, interesting information. I don't know which direction we'll go, transfer to TA it keep with RCI? We'll see when the time comes.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I'm surprised they allow that at all, but at least you have the choice for 60 days. I may just leave on RCI, and keep on things myself.

Hi,

Have never booked on board but thinking about doing this. If we transfer booking to a TA, does this mean they will honour any price drops before final payment? or does only RCCL give price drops?

Also, if moving booking to TA - do you have to increase deposit amount?

Thanks so much for info!

NJ

Hi,

Have never booked on board but thinking about doing this. If we transfer booking to a TA, does this mean they will honour any price drops before final payment? or does only RCCL give price drops?

Also, if moving booking to TA - do you have to increase deposit amount?

Thanks so much for info!

NJ

TAs can honor price drops before final, but it's your responsibility to ask the TA if that is their policy, before you transfer the cruise to them. Also ask them if they have change or cancel fees.

Deposit may increase if the TA puts you into a group, however there should be some benefit to you for the group booking, such as lower price and/or OBC.

TAs can honor price drops before final, but it's your responsibility to ask the TA if that is their policy, before you transfer the cruise to them. Also ask them if they have change or cancel fees.

Deposit may increase if the TA puts you into a group, however there should be some benefit to you for the group booking, such as lower price and/or OBC.

Great - thanks. Good advice to check with TA first - you never know what policy is. Will do a booking on April cruise to get our feet wet!!

NJ

I'm a cruiser from the UK. When onboard last year I made an enquiry about a cruise for this year. I was offered the low deposit etc but also told that we had the one off opportunity if the price went down to phone our agent and get that new price. As it happened my friend wasn't keen on booking onboard so a wasted opportunity.

Or you could book with an American travel agaency and get the advantage of price drops.

...and perhaps more perks as pre-paid gratuities and more money for onboard credit!

We did book a couple of ours onboard before, but after got extra things with online agency we doing only this way!