Mahjong

Lingalang

Thanks Peregrina651 for your suggestion to contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com

My sister, Debi, also on our cruise, sent a request and was advised to bring her own. I don't believe Viking realizes how heavy these sets are (10-15 lbs).

I have sent in my request and also advised that on our Viking River cruise in China Aug/2013, there were several sets on board and they were well utilized by passengers. The cost of $60-$75 per set would be a modest investment by Viking resulting in customer satisfaction. The sets could be signed out at the customer service desk. Little risk to Viking.

Come on Viking. Let's do it.

Thanks Peregrina651 for your suggestion to contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com

My sister, Debi, also on our cruise, sent a request and was advised to bring her own. I don't believe Viking realizes how heavy these sets are (10-15 lbs).

I have sent in my request and also advised that on our Viking River cruise in China Aug/2013, there were several sets on board and they were well utilized by passengers. The cost of $60-$75 per set would be a modest investment by Viking resulting in customer satisfaction. The sets could be signed out at the customer service desk. Little risk to Viking.

Come on Viking. Let's do it.

You might also want to tell them that most other cruise lines have a few mah jongg sets on board.

Alice

Don't know if it'll satisfy your needs but there are number of tables with seating for four located in the atrium that had large 'virtual' touchscreens. They had a variety of games including mahjongg, chess and others. Didn't seem them used much - I don't think many folks noticed - but they were there. We played scrabble and backgammon with the 'real' sets they provided.

• 4 weeks later...
I also love to play, we will be sailing on the Sea on November 26th this year, anyone else who loves to play let me know ?

You could also ask on the roll call for your sailing if there are any other mahjong players. It is a small roll call right now, so I would wait until it gets closer to your sail date to ask, so that more people may see it.

Don't freak out when you see that you have already posted there. CC has this new thing; it is "auto-posting" for new members on their roll calls.