Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

I'm really enjoying your review ! We're leaving tomorrow for this same itinerary on Fri . This beach was in Aruba by the Riu resort correct ? I'm so excited to go there next week ! Enjoy the rest of your cruise !

Thanks .... yes the Riu is located on Palm beach... we actually found some spots to the right of the Riu and about a five minute walk down the beach...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking forward to Bonaire. I still have never made it there. The best I've done is seeing the lights in the distance at night as Adventure sailed by.

I hope you plan to do some snorkeling there.

Looking forward to Bonaire. I still have never made it there. The best I've done is seeing the lights in the distance at night as Adventure sailed by.

I will get to Bonaire tomorrow... sorry for the delay... long day at the office .... gotta pay for the next cruise right!

Make sure you snorkel in Bonaire it is an absolute must! I have been to the Great Barrier Reef and I would have to say Bonaire is just as good!

Could you tell me how many formal nights that cruise has? Enjoying your review!

There were two formal nights... the first was on the first sea day and the second last sea day...

Love the gorgeous, professional quality photos! Thank you so much!

Can't wait till March 31st when we go on the same ship & itinerary!

Thank you very much... hope this makes it come a little quicker for you... it's really a great itinerary and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again...

Well I am going to get this going again...

Day 7 - Bonaire

We woke up to another gorgeous day on Navigator. This time we were in Bonaire. We had never been to Bonaire before so this was defintey a port that we were looking forward to. Bonaire didn't disappoint.

The temperature today was once again in the mid 80's with bright blue sky's and little to no clouds... but the trade winds were out in full warm force.

Bonaire is well known for its natural reef. It's one of the largest in the world and it certainly lived up to its reputation. We loved Bonaire and would not hesitate to return.

So our plan in Bonaire was to snorkel. We had hoped to book a ship excursion but we couldn't decide which on and they were not cheap and we are! We finally decided on the Catamaran scenic sail and snorkel which was $80 per person. As fate would have it, when we went to book this at the excursion desk, we were too late... they were sold out. That left us with plan B. Well, we didn't actually have a plan B to be honest. We knew of course that really all we had to do was get off the ship and we would probably find some excursions for us to do. Thus, we had a plan B!

Navigator arrived in port at around 7 am and we were to depart around 5. We headed off the ship around 9 am and sure enough just outside, where the ship was docked, were tents with tours. We walked along looking at the tours and we finally decided on a private tour, on a sailboat, that took us out into the marine park for a three hour tour... The tour didn't start until 11 so we had some time to kill so we headed into town to walk around for a bit. The tour was with Compass tours and they won't take more than 14 people. We were pretty lucky because as it happened there would only be 8 people on our tour. We had the sailboat to ourselves basically. More on that later...

As I said, the tour didn't start until 11 so we headed off into town....

Navigator...

_DSC0886.jpg

Much like Curacao and Aruba before it you Bonaire had the same colourful buildings....

_DSC0892.jpg

_DSC0891.jpg

There is square in town set up with vendors selling their products...

_DSC0888.jpg

_DSC0889.jpg

_DSC0890.jpg

more from around town...

_DSC0893.jpg

_DSC0894.jpg

_DSC0896.jpg

_DSC0895.jpg

The waters around the island were stunning

_DSC0899.jpg

I loved this sign... I snapped it fast as we were going by so sorry about the blur...

_DSC0897.jpg

The town of Kralendijk was very quaint and clean...

_DSC0916.jpg

These could be found all over in the sidewalks...

_DSC0911.jpg

_DSC0912.jpg

A small mall in town...

_DSC0915.jpg

_DSC0917.jpg

A brewery is always a nice stop...

_DSC0919.jpg

After our walk around town it was time to start heading back for our tour...

_DSC0928.jpg

The meeting spot was back where we booked the tour.. Waiting for the pick up to the marina...

_DSC0927.jpg

The marina was located in the Plaza beach resort where following the tour you could hang out and use the facilities if you wished...

_DSC0930.jpg

_DSC0929.jpg

Our boat...

_DSC0932.jpg

Embarkation!

_DSC0933.jpg

_DSC0934.jpg

The marina area...

_DSC0931.jpg

Drinks being handed out as you got onboard...also included..

_DSC0935.jpg

Heading out to our snorkel site...we sailed out for about 45 minutes to get to the site..It was a very scenic ride..

_DSC0936.jpg

_DSC0937.jpg

We sailed past Navigator...

_DSC0940.jpg