Pool Temperature

CruiseFuse

We are sailing on Carnival Victory in Dec. and while I'm aware that salt water is used, is it possible that they heat it? PUHLEEEEEEAAAASE tell me yes. I know the average temps in the W. Carib. are in the 80's when we sail, but I'm a southern girl and that isn't particularly hot. (My family is from Illinois and will be sweating buckets and swimming constantly since they are willing to swim in Lake Michigan with 64 degree temps. (Idiots!))

You might want to try this question on the Carvival forum.

On HAL Westerdam last January (freshwater) pool temps were between 82 and 84 and were displayed on the cabin TV along with other interesting info on a special channel.

Might be different on the Carvival ships and I'm sure someone on the Carnival forum will know the answer for you.

No, carnival pools are not heated. They take the water directly out of the ocean. Since you stated how cool you feel at 80 I think the pool water will be way too cold for you. Try the hot tubs. (especially the ones located in the spa area.

I don't think Carnival heats their pools or at least not on the Elation. The temps were in the upper 80s when we went and the water felt pretty darn cold to me (southern girl also). I solved the problem by alternating between the hot tub and the pool. The pool felt pretty good after sitting in the hot tub for about 15 minutes. The hot tub was as hot as the pool was cold.

Archived