Whats your favorite NYC restaurant?

George C

Any suggestions for a family of 4 ? Not too pricey , we will be in Times Square area and the statin island ferry area, also need a suggestion for amazing New York cheesecake . Also, is there a day pass for the subway?

Thanks

Triena

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree on Junior's for cheesecake , for lunch or dinner try Becco's on 46th between 8th and 9th, suggested this to a friend that was just there a couple of weeks ago and entire family loved it , there special is 3 kinds of pasta ( unlimited amounts) with ceasar salad or antipasto for about 20 a person for lunch and 25 for dinner, also some nice wine choices for about 30 a bottle

Thank you , I have been to johns on my only trip to NYC, tried to find somewhere for dinner in Times Square are and all i found walking were Irish pubs and pizza places , will definitely go to juniors for cheesecake

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah. I don't think that I've ever eaten at Becco's, but George swears by it. There is a decent assortment of restaurants on 8th Ave from probably 44th up to 49th or so. Kind of depends on what the family wants to eat. Please, though, no Olive Garden, Bubba Gumps, Sbarros, etc.!

Becco is also on Restaurant row, 46th between 8th and 9th about a dozen restaurant or more, many have a pre or post dinner special also 2 places with live music and live shows stared going to "Don't tell your mama " in the 70's , also Joe Allen is another American restaurant which we saw Joan Rivers there a couple of months before she passed.