Where to stay Port Canaveral

PrincessBelle39

Sorry, search is not working for me at the moment and I want to try to get back to my travel agent today.

Any recommendations as to where to stay in Port Canaveral?

I've got a quote on Country Inn & Suites and Homewood Suites. There is a chance we will have a car we need to park whilst on the cruise.

It will probably be around 7pm when we arrive as we are coming from a day at Universal and go out the next morning on the Oasis of the Seas.

Hi

We have stayed at the Radisson Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. On our last cruises and will book again in Feb 2018. We found it reasonable and clean with shuttle also to the ship terminal.It is very close to the terminals. We usually book a shuttle from Orlando Airport both ways. Last time it was around $50. +tip each way for two of us. Enjoy your cruise .

kruise runner:cool:

We stayed at Radisson Resort t the Port two times and had a grand time. They offer shuttle service to and from the ship along with long term parking. The rooms are a little dated and made think of an old Miami Vice episode with all the pink. With that being said, everything was clean and neat. The pool is awesome (just google it) with nightly music both times we were there. The food in the restaurant was pricy and we just ordered pizza and the next morning walked across the street to McD's.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your upcoming vacation.

Leo

Both your places listed as well as Bob's are good and clean hotels very near the port. If you can return the car in Cape Canaveral do that to save on parking and you can do another one way rental upon return. All the major agencies are in town or right near the port and offer free shuttles to/from.

If you are going to park, either check with your hotel for options or have a look at Park Port Canaveral as they have good rates and service.

We've stayed at the Residence Inn several times and will be going back this summer. Clean and near the port.

And the OP mentioned they may have a car that they will park at the port. I've stayed at the Radisson twice, once flying in the other driving in and parking our car there.

We've stayed at the Residence Inn several times and will be going back this summer. Clean and near the port.

The OP mentioned maybe having a car to park. The Radisson does have a decent price for parking there during a cruise.

If you're going to need a rental car, I recommend staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 3321-323-1100).

The Residence Inn and Hertz share a parking lot. If you rent a car at the Orlando airport from Hertz you can keep the car as late as you want and you can return the car to Hertz (there is a key drop box) and simply walk across the parking lot to the hotel.

The cost of the room at the Residence Inn (June 2016) was $288.79 including all taxes, etc. I can't recall what the 1-day, 1-way car rental was but it was very reasonable. There was a shuttle from the Residence Inn to the port for a small fee. It was reasonable.

I always have a rental car and stay in the Orlando area before cruises. The drive from Orlando to the port is not long, and then I drop the car off at the rental location near the port.

A quick suggestion. Drop your luggage and family off at the port and then return the car. That way it is just you taking the shuttle back to the port. It is much easier than carrying your luggage on the shuttle.

We stayed at Radisson Resort t the Port two times and had a grand time. They offer shuttle service to and from the ship along with long term parking. The rooms are a little dated and made think of an old Miami Vice episode with all the pink. With that being said, everything was clean and neat. The pool is awesome (just google it) with nightly music both times we were there. The food in the restaurant was pricy and we just ordered pizza and the next morning walked across the street to McD's.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your upcoming vacation.

Leo

I'll second this ^^ on every point.

Loved the Resort at the Port.

Shuttle service was reasonably priced and worked excellent.

We used the long term parking service, which is a dedicated lot on site, and had no issues at all.

It is literally 3 minutes from the Port, and if you are there a couple days you can go to the Port restaurants and watch the other cruise ships leave while having a beverage on the deck. (Fishlips/Rustys)

I haven't cruised out of PC but I've been there for work several times and I would recommend either the Homewood Suites or the Residence Inn. They're across the street from each other and both are close to the port. They're also very clean and the staff is friendly.

I suspect you are not seeing many recommends for Homewood because they are new, open less than a year.

Homewood is just across the street from the port's 'big three' : Country Inn, Residence Inn and Radisson at the port. If you look to Cocoa Beach you'll find dozens of hotels and they are most only 10 minutes down the road (one road thru the area, almost impossible to get lost)

Radisson runs one of the popular off site parking places: Park Port Canaveral. It is across the street from the Rad' hotel and walking distance from any of the 'big three <now four>' You can park here for the cruise no matter where you stay the night. http://parkportcanaveral.com/ (you can also park at https://parkcruise.com/ which is no farther away from the terminals)

Curious about the reference to International Palms as a nice little place ..... it is MUCH larger than anyplace else in the area. Formerly the Holiday Inn Resort at Cocoa Beach it has several buildings of rooms a BIG pool and is one of the few hotels ON the ocean with direct beach access. But it is OLDER and under almost constant renovation for years, and is farther from the port. If you are arriving too late to enjoy the beach I'd skip this one. If staying for a day or two, worth a look. They have "family sized" suites and loft rooms.

just my opinion but it seems silly to me to rent a car and pay to park it for a week. Yes, I understand that sometimes this is the less cost option but if you have not priced this out, I would! Around the port you have Budget, Hertz, National, Enterprise, Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Thrifty and Payless.

Edited by Capt_BJ

If you're going to need a rental car, I recommend staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 3321-323-1100).The Residence Inn and Hertz share a parking lot. If you rent a car at the Orlando airport from Hertz you can keep the car as late as you want and you can return the car to Hertz (there is a key drop box) and simply walk across the parking lot to the hotel.

The cost of the room at the Residence Inn (June 2016) was $288.79 including all taxes, etc. I can't recall what the 1-day, 1-way car rental was but it was very reasonable. There was a shuttle from the Residence Inn to the port for a small fee. It was reasonable.

I will have to go back and check. We want to book with Hertz because they are the only rental car agency with after hours drop off in Port Canaveral. We land at 8am and want the car for the day/evening, but want to drop it off that night.

I have read horror stories about the lines in the AM with people trying to drop off their cars and get to the port. I am not about standing in line for an hour PLUS to drop off the car and get a shuttle.

But the rates we saw were NOT reasonable. It was like $130 for the 24 hour period, whereas everyone else was like 40.:eek:

Did you book through a 3rd party? Please let me know. Really want to use Hertz for the after hour drop off convenience. We are staying at the Radisson, but that is just a short walk away.

Thank you!