Giftcards

spankym13

Hello.

Can someone tell me were to buy that carnival giftcards at discounted rates?:confused:

There are threads on here about AARP, Verizon and Citi, where you need to accrue points and then use those points to get a 10% discount on 100.00 and 500.00 cards.

The option I've had great success with is AARP. You don't need to buy a membership. Create an account and take some quizzes to earn points. Go to Rewards For Good and check out what they are offering. You can buy a $100 Carnival gift card for $90 and 1,000 points and $500 card for $450 plus 5,000 points. They are not always available so you need to check daily. I find them most often on early Friday afternoons. Hope this helps.:)

We got ours at AARP Rewards for Good. Took enough quizzes(?) in about 30 minutes to get more than enough points. Quick and easy. Got the cards in less than a week.

When you say you got the cards in less than a week, do you mean they were physically delivered to you? Is there an electronic option?

I ask because our final payment is due on March 9th, so if i need time for the cards to be physically delivered, then I'll only buy enough to cover extras, not our cruise payment.

Thanks!

When you say you got the cards in less than a week, do you mean they were physically delivered to you? Is there an electronic option?

I ask because our final payment is due on March 9th, so if i need time for the cards to be physically delivered, then I'll only buy enough to cover extras, not our cruise payment.

Thanks!

They're physical cards - delivery is fairly quick, I think mine showed up within 3 or 4 days after ordering.

I was told if you order the $500 card, you're sometimes required to physically sign for it. So UPS, etc. won't leave the cards at your home. That was an issue for me, since I'm never around during the day, I was worried about not getting my $500 card. (So I didn't order).

Can anyone who has a Barclay card tell me if I purchased gift cards through AARP rewards for good using my Barclay card for payment, would I receive 2x points on my Barclay card?

The charge for these gift cards is not from Carnival.... so you only get 1 point per dollar.

Example $3 x $100 = $300. Actual cost is $270 + $1.77 shipping or $271.77 total charged to your card. You then receive 272 points, + the $300 in gift cards.

Thanks!

I order mine on Fridays ($500), they shipped UPS on Monday and I received them on Wednesday. AARP will send you a tracking number. If you can't be there there are other options such as sign the back of the notice they leave on your door. You can also ask them to take to the nearest UPS office for pickup.