Wheelchair users on ship and excuraions

Tikka234

Hi my brother is looking at doing the same cruise as myself Aracia Norwegien fjords my sister in law uses a wheelchair out and about can walk short distant holding someone in doors

he hasn't contacted then yet I was wondering would they be able to do the excursions like the Flam train or bus trips

Any advice please

Thanks

I think you should talk to P&O for advice regarding passengers with reduced mobility. A lot depends on what types of mobility assistance equipment you intend to bring. An electric mobility scooter will likely need an adapted cabin, which are always very few and hard to book due to there not being many on ships.

Once booked, there are excursions suitable for wheelchair users but these will not cover all the places the general tours cover.

Regards John

If a person is only a part time wheelchair user and can manage to get onto a coach then most excursions are available. You are better off with a wheelchair and pusher as you can book any cabin. If you use a mobility scooter you need as John said an adapted cabin or a suite or a mini suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Flam train definitely has a ramp. We used it a few years ago. My friend enjoyed the trip and the only thing that he didn't do was get off the train for a few minutes to look at the waterfall. He waited on the train whilst we stepped off but could see it from the window.