Current UK Offer vs US pricing

Mynki

I've just looked at a few cruise prices under the current UK offer of £500 off and a free classic drinks package.they came out cheaper than the US TA's for once.

This was after allowing for :-

Gratuities which are not included.

$11.80 per day for an upgrade to a premium drinks package.

Allowing for no OBC.

Purchasing a full internet package.

With the cruises I looked at prices were around 7% cheaper for once!

There are five days left if anyone is interested.

Thanks for that information. There are a few cruises I am interested in but I'm debating whether to 'jump' now, or wait until my April cruise for the OBC and offers. Of course I live in hope of a slight bounce in the pound against the dollar ...... :rolleyes:

I think the TA might refer to travel agent not transatlantic. I have been looking at current pricing here for a cruise we booked onboard for Jan 2018 and the price is over £ 1000 per person more expensive than we paid. The prices for 2019 are crazy too and no drinks package included either. If prices stay like this Celebrity will price themselves out of the UK market especially as we can't take advantage of price drops and of course the longer we wait to book the higher the price on air fares so waiting doesn't help much either. We would be sad to stop cruising after ten years, mostly on Celebrity, but at these prices we may have to !

I don't intend to put a cautionary slant on this but I broke down and booked with a UK agent as the price was cheaper than a US rate. I thought the same as the OP with my transatlantic cruise in that I was satisfied with what I paid at the time. However that cruise is now about £600 cheaper now and I can do nothing about it due to the limitations of the bookings rules in the U.K.

Never say never but it will take a lot for me to book a cruise in the UK again. It does not bode well for the UK cruise market as people are getting smarter at these things.

Two of my cruises I booked onboard and then transferred to my US TA are no cheaper over here, and that's with the £500 off :o. I did get 2 perks plus the extra OBC and then more OBC from my TA, so definitely nowhere near as good an offer.

The one booking I had assigned to my UK TA is still less than the US rate, by quite a considerable amount, however I knew I'd have to be happy with my initial pricing as a price drop wouldn't be an option ;).

Point I'm trying to make: you can't make a generic prediction that all sailings will be cheaper - it's definitely on a cruise by cruise basis.

I don't intend to put a cautionary slant on this but I broke down and booked with a UK agent as the price was cheaper than a US rate. I thought the same as the OP with my transatlantic cruise in that I was satisfied with what I paid at the time. However that cruise is now about £600 cheaper now and I can do nothing about it due to the limitations of the bookings rules in the U.K.

Never say never but it will take a lot for me to book a cruise in the UK again. It does not bode well for the UK cruise market as people are getting smarter at these things.

Personally, I work on the fact that the difference has to be substantial enough to allow for reasonable price drops (you can't predict the extraordinary :)). If the difference is negligible, then I wouldn't take the risk in booking over here ;).