Food Allergies and Kids

DahliaRW

We are looking into at northern european (baltic) cruse in 2018. We've only ever cruised on Disney, largely because how great they are for the kids and how fantastic they are with my food allergy.

I am allergic to wheat. I usually will just say gluten free when asked. How does RCCI handle food allergies? Are there a lot of varied options?

Can anyone speak to kids activities on RCCI? I know we'll be spending a lot of time in ports, but it's also nice for the kids to have something to do so dh and I can have some time without them. They'll be 9, 11, and 13.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Just got off Adventure of the Seas. My daughter has Celiacs and a tree nut allergy. We contacted special needs and got with the headwaiter when we got onboard. She had a great trip with great food and no incidents the entire time! It was great. I was very nervous before going. Now I now there is no need to be nervous for her when sailing with RCCL.

Royal is on Par with Disney in the food allergy situation. you will choose the next night's dinner ahead of time and they will send someone out to point out safe items at the Buffet( and on occasion might get a made to order option)

as far as the kids clubs go, I think( but am not positive as it does vary by number of kids on board) that the oldest would be in a different group than the other two. most families agree that again, Royal is on par with Disney as far as this goes as well. maybe not quite the exact same set up, but the kids are engaged and not bored.

They were amazing for me! I have a life threatening peanut allergy. TA informed the cruise line and then I went to the Maitre D' as soon as we boarded. I had to choose my meals and dessert the day prior with the chef approving during the cruise. They were so strict that one night I had chose a chocolate cake with pecans and the chef said I couldn't have it. I can eat tree nuts as my allergy is to legumes. I didn't fight him as I appreciated their care and concern.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our son has food allergies as well.

We have been very happy with Royal.

As for the kids club... they would take his Epi pen and puffers each time we dropped him off and when we signed him out. They also gave us a pager in case they needed to reach us. But thankfully they never needed to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums