Can teens return to ship (in port) alone?

MellyMel612

Taking an Alaska cruise this summer. Our boys are 18 and 16. I can see scenarios where they might be ready to return to the ship before we are.

Are they allowed to get back on the boat without us present, so long as they have their ID, etc.

Thanks

Taking an Alaska cruise this summer. Our boys are 18 and 16. I can see scenarios where they might be ready to return to the ship before we are.

Are they allowed to get back on the boat without us present, so long as they have their ID, etc.

Thanks

Yes.

It is not as much returning as it is Leaving the ship I am talking your 16 yo - the 18 yo can come and go as he pleases. We went on the Breakaway this past summer with our 15 yo, he was 16 one week later, 19 and 21 yo sons. When they got off the ship my 15 yo was behind them and once they scanned the cards there was no problem getting off. Make sure they go together if one of the adults is not disembarking - I dont believe there was any problem getting back on, apparently the 15yo was with a bunch of his friends getting back on and they didnt bat an eye once the card was scanned

Thanks

Yes. Perhaps you can advise your boys how to keep safe the card. I once misplaced my card in port.

It is not as much returning as it is Leaving the ship I am talking your 16 yo - the 18 yo can come and go as he pleases. We went on the Breakaway this past summer with our 15 yo, he was 16 one week later, 19 and 21 yo sons. When they got off the ship my 15 yo was behind them and once they scanned the cards there was no problem getting off. Make sure they go together if one of the adults is not disembarking - I dont believe there was any problem getting back on, apparently the 15yo was with a bunch of his friends getting back on and they didnt bat an eye once the card was scanned

That's reasonable. If you were planning on your family getting off in port at 10, and while you were eating breakfast your minor child tried to sneak off to visit a nude beach or something... that could be cause for concern. But they would assume that as long as the teenager had gone off with an adult and was trying to return on his own that his parents are aware of where he is (and easy enough to find out if not - your son is missing and you ask did he leave the ship? Yes? Where is he? No idea... son is missing in port and you ask did he return to the ship? Yes? Where is he? Well, his card was used in his room 30 minutes ago, if he's not there we can Paige him...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums