Sstatus match from Celebrity

freeholdfriends

hello, I am new to Celebrity. i am platinum on Carnival. I have cruised on Princess and currently have a cruise booked on MSC and NCL. We are looking at cancelling our NCL cruise and upgrade to Celebrity. MSc matched my platinum staus and I recently read that RCCL also matches. Can anyone tell me if Celebrity will match my platinum status? Thanks for any info.

Thanks for the quick answers. It did sound to good to be true but, nothing lost by asking. I think we are going to book the British Isles cruise. Everyone I speak to always rave over Celebrity. Time to upgrade:D

I've occasionally heard of airlines offering top tier travellers on another airline equivalent frequent flyer status with them, as an incentive to switch brand loyalty- but not heard of that from cruise lines (unfortunately!!)- but maybe someone got lucky once!

I've occasionally heard of airlines offering top tier travellers on another airline equivalent frequent flyer status with them, as an incentive to switch brand loyalty- but not heard of that from cruise lines (unfortunately!!)- but maybe someone got lucky once!

Only MSC will do this, match your status on any other cruise line.

I didn't know that - thanks for the information. I've seen their ships but I don't know much else about them - Rick[/quote

There is a procedure to follow; one just doesn't board a MSC ship with a Celebrity Elite card to claim the benefit. But it is quite easy and in my case it was accomplished in a matter of hours. Others have said it took them longer. If you're in Yacht Club (lucky you), I don't think there's any benefit, as they already treat you royally.