Martini Tasting ~ Miracle

OceanDreams

Hi,

Not a class but all the ships now that have an Alchemy bar(including the Miracle) have a martini flight tasting the first night on board.

It may /may not be listed in the Fun Times.

Go to the Alchemy Bar and ask about it if it is not listed.

You get to pick several(I think 6) types of martinis to taste for one price.

I do it on every cruise.

Hi,

Not a class but all the ships now that have an Alchemy bar(including the Miracle) have a martini flight tasting the first night on board.

It may /may not be listed in the Fun Times.

Go to the Alchemy Bar and ask about it if it is not listed.

You get to pick several(I think 6) types of martinis to taste for one price.

I do it on every cruise.

You can actually experience it on each night of the cruise, not just the first night :)

They call it martini tasting.

I used the term "flight" because that is what it is called when you do a tasting of beer or wine at a restaurant. They call the smaller tastes that they offer "flights" .I do not know why it is called by that name.

They call it martini tasting.

I used the term "flight" because that is what it is called when you do a tasting of beer or wine at a restaurant. They call the smaller tastes that they offer "flights" .I do not know why it is called by that name.

Seems to refer to a group a gathering of a small samples,

http://www.word-detective.com/2010/11/flight-wine-samples/

"The OED is, unfortunately, silent on the logic of using “flight” for a range of wine samples, but there are some precedents in usage of the word that may provide a clue. “Flight” has been, since the 13th century, used to mean “a group of things or beings flying through the air together,” whether birds, airplanes or angels (“Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest..,” Shakespeare, 1602). My guess is that “flight” in the wine tasting world was adopted to convey the sense of a gathering of varied small samples, like a flock of little birds, invoking a feeling of lightness and grace. From a public relations perspective, “flight” is probably better than “flock” and certainly beats “herd.” Flights sip lightly and gracefully, like sparrows at a fountain. Herds guzzle like yaks at a trough. But I’ll bet the yaks have more fun."

If you are asking about the martini class, it is on any of the ships that have an Alchemy bar. It is usually the afternoon of the last sea day. In the past is has been $15 but includes multiple small tasting martinis. There is also a limit of how many people they will allow at one time. It's an excellent "class" in the history of martinis, lets you taste the difference between alcohols and shows you the difference between adding say a strip of orange peel vs. squeezing the orange oil over the top of the drink.