Passport cards

BJs mom

Members of my family have passport cards and want to do the Canada/Yukon tour from Skagway, will they be acceptable or do they need passports only?

As others have mentioned- the PP cards are fine for crossing by land or sea. It's flying that really requires the book.

My kids only have the card and we have driven across the Canadian border many times without issue. Enjoy your cruise and your tour! :)

If you've never had a passport it cost $110 for the book and $30 for the card for adults (16 and 17 year olds are considered adult). The acceptance agency charges a $25 fee and can do the photos for $15, thus the $150 cost. The $25 fee is a one time charge as long as you keep your passport renewed with 15 years. Children under 16 are $80 for book and $15 for card with the same fees and will get hit with the $25 fee until after their first adult passport. Adults are good for 10 years, kids for 5.

I assume he is suggesting that he would run out of pages for stamps.

This is very likely the reason. I'm running into that now, with 2 years left on my passport. I'm headed to Barcelona Wednesday, and hope to point out to squeeze it in on a page with stamps already. I'm headed back to Argentina and Brazil a few weeks later, and they take up at least 1 full page at least.

I've gotten information that going to a US Embassy can also get me a new passport, which I guess I'll need to try. I already have stamps filled up on my Endorsement pages, So, I'll have to do something, since I travel about every month.

We did ours at the post office too - the lady there said nearly 100% of the photos brought in by people who did it themselves don't pass muster. Now, she was probably selling me a picture but it was convenient and I had the 15 buckses so we did it lol.

Yep, they were selling a service. The state department website even has a free photo tool there where it gives you the guidelines and lets you prepare a photo to download and print for your application.

If you've never had a passport it cost $110 for the book and $30 for the card for adults (16 and 17 year olds are considered adult). The acceptance agency charges a $25 fee and can do the photos for $15, thus the $150 cost. The $25 fee is a one time charge as long as you keep your passport renewed with 15 years. Children under 16 are $80 for book and $15 for card with the same fees and will get hit with the $25 fee until after their first adult passport. Adults are good for 10 years, kids for 5.

With a small world, . it's an insignificant investment. Good grief - expires in 10 years. :) I'm on my 4th and it opened up all my travels.

Yep, they were selling a service. The state department website even has a free photo tool there where it gives you the guidelines and lets you prepare a photo to download and print for your application.

They may have been selling a service but it is also the acceptance clerks responsibility to make sure all information and photos are correct as to not delay a persons passport. Having done hundreds of these myself, I can tell you that other places just do not do them correctly %90 of the time.

They may have been selling a service but it is also the acceptance clerks responsibility to make sure all information and photos are correct as to not delay a persons passport. Having done hundreds of these myself, I can tell you that other places just do not do them correctly %90 of the time.

Perhaps that is true, I guess we're just lucky. I've never had my photo rejected and I don't know anyone who has had one rejected. I've heard these high percentage rejections stories, but I just don't believe them as I've never known anyone to have one rejected even though we've always done photo's on our own.

Maybe I and everyone I know is just really good at it, but it does seem that if 9 out of 10 really got rejected, that at least one of my family members or friends with a passport would have been turned down at some point.

Perhaps that is true, I guess we're just lucky. I've never had my photo rejected and I don't know anyone who has had one rejected. I've heard these high percentage rejections stories, but I just don't believe them as I've never known anyone to have one rejected even though we've always done photo's on our own.

Maybe I and everyone I know is just really good at it, but it does seem that if 9 out of 10 really got rejected, that at least one of my family members or friends with a passport would have been turned down at some point.

I've also taken and printed our own passport photos twice (first time + renewal) and had no problem getting the new passports. Obviously, our photos passed inspection.

Something doesn't sound right - wonder if it is due to your ports of call.....

I have asked the same question earlier in this thread but while the poster who said that gas been on CC posting they have not revisited this thread unfortunately.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We did ours at the post office too - the lady there said nearly 100% of the photos brought in by people who did it themselves don't pass muster. Now, she was probably selling me a picture but it was convenient and I had the 15 buckses so we did it lol.

We do our pictures at Walgreens and everytime except once it passed muster. That one time, Walgreens redid them for free. For us, it cost $8 at Walgreens.

I'm telling you my experience having done a lot more of them than you or your family/friends. No "stories" here.

You won't hear about a lot being rejected by the Dept. of State because acceptance agents are there to prevent that. Some people do a good job with them, others, not so well. It's quite easy for an acceptance agent to show people what is wrong just by placing the picture on a template.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We do our pictures at Walgreens and everytime except once it passed muster. That one time, Walgreens redid them for free. For us, it cost $8 at Walgreens.

Walgreens does a good job of them up here. Rite Aid on the other hand is terrible.

I'm telling you my experience having done a lot more of them than you or your family/friends. No "stories" here.

You won't hear about a lot being rejected by the Dept. of State because acceptance agents are there to prevent that. Some people do a good job with them, others, not so well. It's quite easy for an acceptance agent to show people what is wrong just by placing the picture on a template.