How did he jump to Diamond?

KillaFee

Made diamond before our last cruise and by my count I had not done 10 cruises yet and I called Royal Caribbean. There answer was that you get an extra credit when you first join and an additional extra credit when you jump from one level to another level. Therefore by their rules you should qualify for diamond level after your eighth completed cruise. Hope this may answer some of the questions.

Then the question has to be: "Why are they making so many people Diamond members?" They already have to open satellite concierge lounges on most of the cruises....does anyone else think they may change the access requirements?

I could not answer that question, but was on the 10/15/05 sailing of the Navigator and the lounge was never really busy so I guess it depends on the particular cruise. Certainly a loss of service would effect all of us who enjoy the perks, but for now I have to guess that they will continue to work to strengthen Brand loyalty and I do not feel that such a trend would help their purpose. However we will see.

Made diamond before our last cruise and by my count I had not done 10 cruises yet and I called Royal Caribbean. There answer was that you get an extra credit when you first join and an additional extra credit when you jump from one level to another level. Therefore by their rules you should qualify for diamond level after your eighth completed cruise. Hope this may answer some of the questions.

I have never heard of this, and we certainly didn't get an extra credit when we joined.

Anyone else have this happen? (I don't doubt you bobert, but no one has ever mentioned this before that I'm aware of.) If that's true policy, then I'm going to call C&A and insist on getting our extra credit.

beachchick

I have never heard of this, and we certainly didn't get an extra credit when we joined.

Anyone else have this happen? (I don't doubt you bobert, but no one has ever mentioned this before that I'm aware of.) If that's true policy, then I'm going to call C&A and insist on getting our extra credit.

beachchick

I too haven't heard about this, we did not get an additional credit when we were upgraded to Platinum. We also didn't get an additional credit when we joined.

Deb is right, call back and you will get a different answer :eek:

###

Archived