Classic Drink Package: Unopened Can of Soda?

NoName

I have booked my first Celebrity Cruise and I have the Classic Drink Package. When I first wake up in the morning, I like to have a soda 1st thing. With the classic drink package, will I be allowed to receive an unopened soda from the bar the night before, so I can enjoy it on my balcony before getting ready for the day?

If not, am I allowed to carry on soda for consumption in my cabin?

Thanks. Kim

You can also bring unlimited cans of soda on board if you don't have a drinks package. It is not uncommon for someone to bring a case at embarkation, put a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to ones stateroom with checked luggage

IMPORTANT! Yes, you can bring a sealed 6/pack or even a case of unopened bottles/cans of water/sodas BUT NOT COCA COLA products (Celebrity lets me bring caffiene free Pepsi, Evian water, etc but not Coke products). I'd call and ask a week before you depart and confirm as rules change... A smile and a 'please' will usually get me an unopened can of Coke , although they are sometimes warm.

Not to argue with the previous comments, but we HAVE taken Coca Cola 12 packs on our last two cruises.

The most recent we took an old overnight case and packed two 12 packs of Coca Cola and a large sealed package of bottled water. We put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our cabin. We trashed the old case immediately after retrieving the drinks.

No issues.

Thanks for the answers everyone. I have the "classic" package, not a "standard" package, so I guess I am safe. I don't mind carrying my morning soda on, but if it is not necessary....one less thing I will have to hassle with!

Thanks again!

Kim

IMPORTANT! Yes, you can bring a sealed 6/pack or even a case of unopened bottles/cans of water/sodas BUT NOT COCA COLA products (Celebrity lets me bring caffiene free Pepsi, Evian water, etc but not Coke products). I'd call and ask a week before you depart and confirm as rules change... A smile and a 'please' will usually get me an unopened can of Coke , although they are sometimes warm.

Perhaps you are thinking of a different cruise line as well. No special restriction on bringing Coke products on Celebrity. Or at least I have never seen the restriction on any Celebrity communications or seen it restricted.

We hate going on Carnival and even when we purchase the unlimited bubbles package, you have to sign for the soda's.

Does Celebrity make you sign for your drinks on the classic drink package?

Thanks

Here's a hint: If they bring you a slip to sign, there's going to be a charge on your account. Otherwise you won't have to sign for any type of drink if it falls under your package.

Here's a hint: If they bring you a slip to sign, there's going to be a charge on your account. Otherwise you won't have to sign for any type of drink if it falls under your package.

Completely off topic Steve but just seen your sig. Did you know about the Azamara offer for those who've previously sailed on X? If not, take a look.

I thought that coke was only available with the premium package, and it was only fountain sodas on the classic

this is Celebrity :D not Royal Caribbean ;)

real cans of coke, large waters and coffees and teas on the classic package

one of the reasons we like Celebrity

this is Celebrity :D not Royal Caribbean ;)

real cans of coke, large waters and coffees and teas on the classic package

one of the reasons we like Celebrity

Actually the large waters are reserved for the Premium package unless you get a crew member who's willing to give it to you anyway. I tried with my DW's classic card and they said I could only get the .5L bottle. So I handed him my premium card and got the 1L bottle.