Light rail feasible?

Hsmama

Thinking about taking light rail from sea-tac to crowne plaza downtown,which looks to be University station on the maps..... I have a really hard time figuring out the light rail website, is this a feasible plan for 3 adults with one smallish rolling case each? (and plenty of travel experience) on a Saturday mid-day? (we land about 11 or so)

It will be a 3 block walk uphill from the University Station to the hotel, but I would say it is doable with small rolling bags. Aim for the Seneca St exit which would be by the back of the train IIRC, it's closer to the hotel. We stayed at the Renaissance last year and exited at that station but without luggage.

I concur, definitely doable. Try to sit on the train next to the bike area, because you can put your bags in that area if no bikes.

We used the light rail last week. The bike area is now for either bikes or luggage. There's a sign that indicates first come, first served.

Just how crowded does the light rail get on a Saturday morning from SeaTac in kind?

We fly in on Friday night, staying at an airport hotel then head to Pier 91 in the morning - seeing as how the racks state they are now for luggage as well as bikes this might be another option. We have two rollaboards, totebags and my wife's 28" suitcase.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just how crowded does the light rail get on a Saturday morning from SeaTac in kind?

We fly in on Friday night, staying at an airport hotel then head to Pier 91 in the morning - seeing as how the racks state they are now for luggage as well as bikes this might be another option. We have two rollaboards, totebags and my wife's 28" suitcase.......

When are you going?

Fly in September 1 and cruise out September 2 on the Eurodam

On Labor Day weekend the trains are likely to be fairly full of people heading to Seattle Center (Space Needle, Chihuly, MoPop, etc.) for the annual Bumbeshoot music festival, which draws ~250,000 people over the course of the weekend. In addition, you'd still have to get a cab from the Westlake station to Pier 91, which would be a big hassle; you probably would end up not saving all that much money compared to a shuttle service straight from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

The bike area is now for either bikes or luggage. There's a sign that indicates first come, first served.

Yipeee! It's about time that a train that stops at the airport be able to deal with luggage. Given it (currently) is the 2nd stop heading downtown it generally is not very full and chances of being "first come" for the luggage space are good. Now if they could just see about a people mover belt type walkway from the terminal it would be REALLY great.

The bike area is now for either bikes or luggage. There's a sign that indicates first come, first served.

Yipeee! It's about time that a train that stops at the airport be able to deal with luggage. Given it (currently) is the 2nd stop heading downtown it generally is not very full and chances of being "first come" for the luggage space are good. Now if they could just see about a people mover belt type walkway from the terminal it would be REALLY great.

What Government be smart about something? Especially Sound Transit?

The just need 3 car trains all the time to make sure there is enough room.

Yipeee! It's about time that a train that stops at the airport be able to deal with luggage.

Yes, nice change. We've been riding it 3 or 4 times per year since they opened it and we've only seen bikes on it twice.