Cuba - Visa

TITISSA

I am booked on the Norwegian Sky's cruise to Cuba in August 2017. I just received a letter from NCL about obtaining a visa to enter Cuba. I already knew about it, what I don't know is how to obtain it. Will NCL do it for us? When should we apply for it?

You can go through NCL. I hear the price is $75. I don't know how much it costs to do it yourself. There is some limited information about the tourist visa (tourist card) on the embassy website. It sounds like you can apply by mail, but they don't say what the fees are. You can also go through an agent, but they will charge additional fees.

The "visa" is really just a piece of paper that they sell you, for you to fill out yourself. Airlines and other carriers (like NCL) can also sell it to you, up to the last minute. So it's really not a big deal, as long you give someone the money.

I just spoke to NCL a few minutes ago. We had paid the $75 each before we made our final payment, and I was concerned that we had not received paperwork to fill out. I was told that NCL handled it all. On our final receipt it shows that we have paid the visa fee.

I just spoke to NCL a few minutes ago. We had paid the $75 each before we made our final payment, and I was concerned that we had not received paperwork to fill out. I was told that NCL handled it all. On our final receipt it shows that we have paid the visa fee.

I'll do the same. Thank you. Have a wonderful Cuba experience.

I've paid the $75 fee; however I received a new and different "Affadavit" today that what I sent in months ago.

I will complete it and e-mail it back.

I'm told the visa will be available at check-in.

David

• 11 months later...

I am scheduled to sail to Cuba on NCL Sun June 22, 2018. I have read their website info about Cuba about 100 times and it states they will issue you the required Visa and charge your cabin $75, which is fine. My question is: How do I go about applying for the visa? Is that done prior to sailing, while on board, or WHAT? Their info page doesn't specify, which is asinine. Thanks in advance! Jother

Paying the $75 is the application, and everyone's application is accepted :cool:

Seriously, the $75 is just to buy the piece of paper (tourist card). As you can see here, the information required is very basic, and NCL already has all of this information about you, and they will hopefully fill the card out for you as part of their "visa service":

Tourist-Card-full_sample.jpg

But no one from Cuba actually knows anything about your visa until you hand it over to them at passport control upon arrival.

I am scheduled to sail to Cuba on NCL Sun June 22, 2018. I have read their website info about Cuba about 100 times and it states they will issue you the required Visa and charge your cabin $75, which is fine. My question is: How do I go about applying for the visa? Is that done prior to sailing, while on board, or WHAT? Their info page doesn't specify, which is asinine. Thanks in advance! Jother

My understanding is that you can buy the Visa when you check in at the port. I'd love to hear confirmation of that.

I am scheduled to sail to Cuba on NCL Sun June 22, 2018. I have read their website info about Cuba about 100 times and it states they will issue you the required Visa and charge your cabin $75, which is fine. My question is: How do I go about applying for the visa? Is that done prior to sailing, while on board, or WHAT? Thanks in advance! Jother

You just call NCL and ask them to add the Visa to your reservation. The $75 is added as a separate line item and is due with your final payment. When you check in at the port, they print the tourist card/visa and hand it to you.