Just got back from Allure Western Caribbean

juliea344

We leave for the western this coming Sunday on the Allure! Of course weather changes but how was it? Smooth sailing as they say?

We couldn't have asked for smoother sailing. I was nervous about getting seasick because I have only been on one other cruise ship which was very small and rocked like you wouldn't believe. On the Allure I barely knew I was on a ship. The weather was gorgeous except for one overcast sea day with a little bit of rain. That was the choppiest day, with white caps on the water, but it was still very smooth on board.

What excursions did you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only did the Beach snorkel and Tequila tasting at Cozumel. I honestly don't think I'd recommend it. I had fun but it wasn't quite as described. There was definitely no beach, the shore was very rocky. There was a small sandy area with beach chairs but not enough for everyone. We did this excursion because my elderly mom wanted to just walk into the water at beach level and look at fish for a bit through the mask but not actually put on fins and the whole nine yards. That wasn't possible in this area.

We snorkeled in a huge group of 40 people and it was quite crowded. Nothing like flippers in your face! There wasn't much reef and honestly not a lot of fish. I saw a yellow ray which was cool but having snorkeled in St John and Aruba I found this snorkeling to be quite lame. The tequila tasting was 5 tequilas, literally half a sip of each. Don't get me wrong, I had fun and the tour guides were great but there has to be something better to do in Cozumel!

Thanks, much appreciated!!! When you get a chance I'd love to hear about Labadee and Falmouth. We're going April 30th.

We're thinking about a resort day pass in Falmouth (at the Hilton).

I'll be on that sailing with you! :)

Last time I stopped in Falmouth we did the day pass at the Hilton Rose Hall & really enjoyed it. It's a bit of a bus ride but the property is beautiful and relaxing.

Thanks, much appreciated!!! When you get a chance I'd love to hear about Labadee and Falmouth. We're going April 30th.

We're thinking about a resort day pass in Falmouth (at the Hilton).

We stayed on the ship in Falmouth because we wanted to enjoy the pools with less people. Next year (yes I rebooked!) the kids want to explore Jamaica so I'll have to figure something out. I've been to Jamaica several times but the area of Falmouth just seems Meh to me. Ocho Rios would be fun but not the 2 hour bus ride!

Labadee was beautiful. It must have been 95 degrees. We had a suite so we were lucky to have the Barefoot Beach are to ourselves. Nellies beach was sooooo crowded as was the Cove with the inflatables (forgot to name of it). The opposite side of Labadee had rougher water but I saw people body surfing and having a good time. Each little beach are on Labadee is different. I saw some actual fights over lounge chairs while I was taking the 10 am yoga class on the beach so if you want a lounger chair I'd try to be one of the first people off the ship!

Beware the market at the top of the hill. I really wanted to look around and I wanted to spend money but they were so aggressive. People literally pushed us up the hill and pushed us into their shops and put bracelets on us and asked for $40! I can handle myself but my sister and mother were uncomfortable. It's really too bad because I won't be going to the market anymore. I didn't even make it past the first shop.

Great info Julie, thanks. I've booked a lounger (2 chairs with clamshell shade) to avoid the chair fighting. $45 and should be well worth, particularly since I need some guaranteed shade (I reflect light back into space lol)

I did. It was on special for $48/day when I purchased it but I think buying by the glass would have been a better deal for me. Next year I'm not getting the package.

It is also not worth for us as we don't drink alcohol on a daily basis. Thank you for the response.

I just got off the Allure after an amazing week. I love this ship! I'll try to write a review when I have time but I'm happy to answer questions.

Did you see any drink cards for sale?

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the Allure after an amazing week. I love this ship! I'll try to write a review when I have time but I'm happy to answer questions.

Can you reserve the stage show via internet or do you wait until you are on the ship? I'll have more questions coming up. Thank you for offering any help. First time on Allure. Did you do hotel day-ahead? Any suggestions?