Ever met a celebrity on a cruise?

SkidRow

I met one of the Osmond Brothers when we went on the Explorer last year. Merril Osmond. He was one of the regular performers with one of the other brothers. Jay was there also! I am not too good at remembering names, so if you remember all of them, please tell me. I have the picture on my screensaver photos slideshow. We met him in the C&A lounge while we were waiting to board the ship. We also hung out in one bar with Jay one night when they were playing a cruiseship game. Too bad it was NOT Donnie!!!!:D I had a MAJOR crush on Donnie when I was younger! I remember Merril, Jimmy, Donnie , Jay and Marie, but the other one I can't remember!!!!!:o

On Royal Caribbean, we saw the Platters, of course, as I think alot of you have. We saw David Brenner one year, as featured entertainer, also on RCCL. I saw Marty Allen entertaining on a Princess cruise, 4 years ago. We were actually asked to move by the Maitre D, at lunch, as a waiter accidentally sat us at Marty and his wife's private table, before he was even there. Now my husband brags, "we sat at Marty Allen's table"...lol. He was nice enough to take pictures with us though.

Then there is the actors and comedians who worked with other big names like Sinatra and whoever, but no one ever heard of them...But I can't recall their names (oops-so much for the big name entertainment...sorry.)

I talked to Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees) and his sister Coco on our Navigator cruise last year. They were the featured performers for the 100th cruise. The guy still has it!

We were on the Nav with Deb and also met Mickey, talked with him in the elevator with his wife. Or maybe girlfriend, she sure was young. And then spoke with him for a little bit in the disco where he was partying with a bunch of the officers of the crew. Nice guy. He was also on another cruise after that, but I can't remember which one as we skipped the show. I think it might have been our Legend Panama Canal cruise.

I saw George Takei on AOS a couple of years ago...there was a Star Trek convention on the ship. I got my picture taken with him as we were getting back on the ship at St. Maarten. As we're all piling into the elevator, George from the back says, "We're beaming up!". Everyone chuckles for a sec...then a couple of floors up people get in and out, and he repeats, "We're beaming up!" Which was kinda weird but funny :) There were apparently other Trek and Babylon 5 (I think) cast members there but I didn't recognize them.

Cheers,

Esther

On one cruise we had Dave Coulett not sure if that is spelled right. He was the blonde guy on full house with Bob Saget and the Olson twins. He was one of the acts but time from time you would see him around the ship.

On another cruise Bowser from Sha Na Na had a band and preformed. One night in the atrium he had a autograph session. We got a signed photo and a picture with him. It was pretty cool.

My parents work for a cruise line checking in passengers and making sure you have your passport and paperwork in order. They call me about once a month saying "I checked in (insert famous person name here) today" That is the best part of thier job.

**I will not list any names on a public forum to protect those people and my parents job**

We also met John Davidson, and his show was terrific. For a man his age (62 or 63), he was very athletic and energetic. We also saw him and his wife throughout the cruise and sat next to them in the Windjammer.

We met Marty Allen this past Sept on the Jewel. We walked by him and I my DH and I saw him at the same time. I said "Marty", he stopped and said hello, and then I opened my big mouth again and said "Marty Feldman how are you"? As soon as it was out of my mouth, I knew I made a big mistake.....he said "who did you call me"? I had to apologize, I have no idea why that happened. He and his lovely wife were very nice.

I'm pretty sure that I saw the Dalai Lama partying with Pamela Anderson on the Brilliance two years ago. I am no longer allowed more than four beers during the day. My wife is a sceptic and a spoilsport.

Al

I was on the same cruise and you are correct that it was the Dalai Lama. Unfortunately, you had a few too many beers and confused your stars... it was Paris Hilton, not Pamela Anderson!

i look forward to hopefully meeting someone famous on my cruise.

i am lucky enough to know some pretty famous people. i grew up with darren star the creator of sex and the city, melrose place and 90210. he was best friends with an old boyfriend of mine and we would occassionaly double date.

my hubby's uncle is a tv producer. he did all the bob newhart shows except the very first one when he was a psychiatrist.

I was on the same cruise and you are correct that it was the Dalai Lama. Unfortunately, you had a few too many beers and confused your stars... it was Paris Hilton, not Pamela Anderson!

I KNEW I wasn't drunk.....it also explains why my wife has confiscated the camcorder I had with me that night. Did you also see the Pope with that big penguin? How do famous people get away with things like that?Especially in the Windjammer!

Gratefully yours,

Al

I KNEW I wasn't drunk.....it also explains why my wife has confiscated the camcorder I had with me that night. Did you also see the Pope with that big penguin? How do famous people get away with things like that?Especially in the Windjammer!

Gratefully yours,

Al

Al,

I see you are from Scotland. You must know then, that the Dalai Lama was blown away with Dundee Cake when he visited your country. Were you in the Windjammer when he threw a hissie-fit because all they had were chocolate donuts. It was sad to watch as he exited yelling... "Where's my Dundee?... Where's my Dundee?"

Yogi

We were also on the Explorer cruise with the Osmonds last year. It was Wayne, Merrill and Jay who performed. Alan is no longer able to perform because he has MS. They were amazingly good. One of the best parts was Wayne's rendition of "Cinderella". Merrill had just written a book (very good, by the way) and we had the opportunity to have him sign a copy for us when we ran into him in a conference room.

It doesn't make much sense that too many celebrities would be cruising on RCI, unless they were working. After all....it's the working man's cruise line!

Archived