Height restriction and kids club questions?

Hello fellow cruisers,

I know that the height requirement for many things is 48 inches. So, here is my question...we went to have our annual check up 2 weeks ago and were 47.5 and 47.75 (no joke), our 6 and 7 year old both want to rock climb and do all of the activities on Labadee. We cruise the first week of April, so hopefully we will stretch a little by then and with shoes on (they were measured shoeless) we should pass. Any experience with being turned away when THIS close to 48 inches? I know they are too small and light (only 50 lbs each) for flow rider & biplane, but I already purchased the water slide and floating park at Labeled.

Also, our just turned 6 year old would prefer to be with her four year old sister in the 3-5 group, rather than with her brother in the 6-8. Does anyone know if it is a problem to drop down? If so, it is no big deal, the girls just prefer to be together.

We are so excited to be sailing in a month. We have room 8330 (2 bedroom aqua on the Allure), so hoping to see a lot of Aqua shows from that balcony.

Thanks for the help, we are new to this forum!

I'm betting they WILL be 48 inches by April...kids grow SO fast!

As far as the kid's club...first, try putting them in the correct class....they are VERY age appropriate. They will see each other occasionally! I would think the 6 year old would be bored stiff with the smaller kids...but, they are likely to move a child down, than up!

I know she is capable of being with the 6-8, but her little sister has some speech/mobility delays and she is so amazing with her. She will be able to help counselors better understand her, communicate with me what is going on, etc. She said she didn't mind being with the little ones, she is very mature but a nurturer. Hopefully, given the situation, RCL will understand, but I get the overcrowding factor, so we will play it by ear. I don't predict we will use it all that much, just was hoping to get in a few morning runs!

The floating waterpark at Labadee is not small child friendly, IMO, unless your children are all into competitive gymnastics.

They need a LOT of upper body strength to be able to get themselves onto all the various floating structures. :')

It looks like a lot of fun, but it's really a lot of physical work.

On the Allure last year, my son was like 1/8 of an inch too short for the Flowrider, their measuring thing scrapped his flattened hair, but not his head, and they wouldn't let him on. He was bummed, but now he's tall enough for our cruise in March. It's a liability thing.

The floating waterpark at Labadee is not small child friendly, IMO, unless your children are all into competitive gymnastics.

They need a LOT of upper body strength to be able to get themselves onto all the various floating structures. :')

It looks like a lot of fun, but it's really a lot of physical work.

This this, 1000 times this. We did it a few years ago, and it was annoying hoisting my son up on everything, and then having to get ourselves up.

They will not allow anyone to use the flowrider unless they make the height requirement. The story above about the measuring tool scraping the hair is exactly our experience with my younger son. They must be the minimum, which I agree is 52" for boogie boarding, 58" for stand up surfing. Plus they must be measured with no footwear on so shoes won't help.

For the rock wall, it's age. My same younger one was 5.5 and they would not let him on because he was not 6. They have all records in their system, so there is no way to fake it.

The comments about the kids club are mostly accurate. If your older one wants to move down, especially to be with a younger sibling with some challenges, they are probably more likely to allow it than they would if your child wanted to move up. But you'll have to check with the kids club staff when you have the opportunity on board.

1. They will likely allow the child who just turned 6 to drop down to the 3-5 year old group, but may not depending on numbers. Unfortunately, you will really only get your answer once you board.

2. What height limit is 48"? Flow rider is 52", and rock wall is 6 years and above.

3. See other replies re: Labadee water park.

Hello fellow cruisers,

I know that the height requirement for many things is 48 inches. So, here is my question...we went to have our annual check up 2 weeks ago and were 47.5 and 47.75 (no joke), our 6 and 7 year old both want to rock climb and do all of the activities on Labadee. We cruise the first week of April, so hopefully we will stretch a little by then and with shoes on (they were measured shoeless) we should pass. Any experience with being turned away when THIS close to 48 inches? I know they are too small and light (only 50 lbs each) for flow rider & biplane, but I already purchased the water slide and floating park at Labeled.

Also, our just turned 6 year old would prefer to be with her four year old sister in the 3-5 group, rather than with her brother in the 6-8. Does anyone know if it is a problem to drop down? If so, it is no big deal, the girls just prefer to be together.

We are so excited to be sailing in a month. We have room 8330 (2 bedroom aqua on the Allure), so hoping to see a lot of Aqua shows from that balcony.

Thanks for the help, we are new to this forum!

I have had no trouble what so ever moving my daughter around in the kids club age groups, but we did move her up not down.

On Radiance a few years ago my daughter was just over 47" and most of the week she could do the slide by herself. The last sea day the attendant would not let her (her hair was slicked back in a pony with no poof). In a month they could easily grow a 1/4 inch. I would not worry about it. The worst that will happen is you have to go with them.

They will group the kids together if less than 10 kids total across all ages. You will see the groups together some mornings and afternoons which may work for you if looking for a morning run. They also may allow the older sibling to move down in the morning and afternoon sessions as they are less crowded. Evening sessions may be less likely especially during spring break.

The AO staff in the 3-5 range is used to dealing with non-verbal kids. You can always tell them to get the older siblings to help out if needed (probably only a half wall between them).

Thank you so much everyone for your quick responses! 48 inches is for the waterslide at Labadee (which I already paid for). I guess we will play it all by ear, we are so excited just to be together and have fun!

Just so you know, even though you've already purchased it, you can easily cancel and get a refund on the "waterpark" at Labadee (keep the waterslide if you really want to, it's a really tame experience).

HI. I would agree with the comments about the water park. If you haven't bought tickets for the adults then I recommend doing so - it is too hard for kids on their own to get up on the equipment. If you have all bought tickets you will have a great time - yes your arms will be sore by the end but it is a great hour.