Aix and Marseille or Aix and Cassis

vickykay

We will be on a transatlantic this coming November. Had thought about a small groupmezcursion to Aix and Cassis but someone noted that Cassis is pretty much closed down by early November so now thinking Aix and Marseille instead. Would love to hear thoughts from others that have been to the area in early November.

Thanks, Vicky

We have done both and in November. Cassis is shut down at that time/ Although it is a petty waterfront town. Many restaurants and the Calanques are closed. Weather can be windy and brisk. We thought Marseille was a nice tour. Nice waterfront restaurants and many sites. That would be my recommendation.

We were on a T/A last Nov.2016 that stopped at Toulon. We were part of a shared tour that went to Aix, Marseille and Cassis. Our driver/guide dropped us off at the waterfront in Cassis. I do not recall seeing any shops or restaurants that were closed. Provence was very picturesque.

We will be on a transatlantic this coming November. Had thought about a small groupmezcursion to Aix and Cassis but someone noted that Cassis is pretty much closed down by early November so now thinking Aix and Marseille instead. Would love to hear thoughts from others that have been to the area in early November.

Which is your port? Toulon or Marseille?

Which is your port? Toulon or Marseille?

When I posted the shut down notice, I meant that 1.) the Calanques boats were not operating. Waterfront was seemingly deserted. 2.) Boats were in process of being closed up for the season. 3.)Shops several blocks in town seem to be open. Town felt like a ghost town as it is a summer destination albeit a beautiful locale. It was cold, windy and raining at that time. We had a lunch at the wharf. Just Okay. More a tourist thing rather than a food destination. BTW, we used Provence Connections as well but not to Cassis. They were very honest about each inquiry. Am looking to rebook them for our Nov. TA. but I was told that except for Aix, and Marseille the small town tours were a crap shoot due to weather conditions. Nice if warm and sunny but traditionally cold and raining. Aix and Marseille are good choices. We docked in Toulon.