Celebrity Summit - Solticized

YULGAL52

This has been asked and answered numerous times on this board recently.

The ship is in very good shape. Is everything brand new? No. However there certainly is nothing to complain about. in my opinion. Except, I'm sure now there will be at least one over the top complaint of outrageous and egregious problems.

Our third week in 11 months on the Summit is coming up in about 8 weeks. The ship definitely needs to renovated, especially the cabins. There were a number of little cosmetic things wrong with our cabin's bathroom but for us, the itinerary was the draw, not how good the ship looked.

The public spaces of the ship are very nice and well-maintained but the cabins themselves definitely need renovation. Is this a reason not to cruise on the ship? Depends on how important it is to you. If you want shiny & new, go with a different ship. If the itinerary is more important to you, go with the Summit.

I heard even though the Summit has been renovated, it is still showing it's age. I am sailing in Nov 17 with a group of friends and would welcome comments from anyone that has recently sailed on Summit.

I sailed the Summit after their last reno. Some of the public areas and suites were refreshed. But by and large the majority of the cabins weren't included. She has a lot of fans who cruise her. The Reno was mostly a short cosmetic fix.

The worst I noticed though were the mid ship elevators. They were malfunctioning before the reno and still after. Since we haven't been on her in a short while, I can't say whether they addressed the problem after our August 2016 sailing.

The only thing you can do is go with an open mind and realize she's an older ship. Just have a good time and don't let the little things bother you.

We sailed end of November 2016 and the ship was in good shape overall. We stayed in a royal suite which was refreshed, but we had several maintenance calls for the first time on a cruise.

Our safe was broken, the tv, the phone, the bathtub sprayed water up instead of in the tub, and the fridge barely cooled drinks.

That said, outside of our room we didn't notice any excessive wear. Biggest issue we had was the lack of enthusiasm by the crew in the shops, main dining, and cafe al bacio. Luckily we had access to michaels and Lumenae and the staff there made up for the service lacking elsewhere. We did cancel a future cruise on summit, but we would sail it again at a later date.

Short: good cruise but not as good as constellation trip a year earlier.

Good: Michael's lounge, Tuscan ( dined 3 times and would have done more), bar areas fast and friendly, pool area wasn't too busy considering it was thanksgiving week, not too many kids, outdoor theatre was a great time at night, captain Kate was great and friendly, fast embark and disembark.

Bad: room was in bad shape post refurb, many staff not interested in being at work, main dining was very slow service and had seating issues for my mother in law who has walking issues.

The cabins are where you notice the age, not the public rooms. The sofas need to be replaced, the curtains to be replaced, one side of the shower stall panel came completely off below the shower head, other little things were broken and were not easily repairable. We just shrugged our shoulders. We weren't expecting a perfect ship. More importantly, we thought that service was close to excellent on both of our Summit cruises last year.

I also got off yesterday and found the ship to be in very good repair. The service was flat out amazing. The food was unreal. Tuscan Grille was so good we went twice.

Totally agree. Just got off Summit on Monday. We had a better time than Constellation last year. Food was unreal as you commented. Service was strained though, they all did their best but just not enough help in my opinion. You can tell they have cut costs thru employment.