Our opinion of the Carnival Vista Feb. 19-25

Gypsywych

Hi! We were on this cruise too and had a great time! I traveled with my husband and two boys (10 & 11).

Pwppaul - the Platinum/Diamond party was at 4:30 on the last Sea Day. I'm guessing that is what you are refering too.

My boys did the Sky ride and loved it! We were up there playing golf the afternoon that we were in Cozumel. They were fixing one of the bikes and we waited while they did it and the kids jumped in line and were the 2nd ones on.

We had early dining in the MDR. The food was good. The service was slow. We never could figure it out. We didn't let it get to us, but it's hard to wait so long with kids.

Hubby and the boys saw Lego: Batman in the IMAX on the last sea day. They said it's a full size theater and really enjoyed it.

The Arcade is next to the theater. The kids spend a bit of money there. I gave them a certain amount to spend so they wouldn't go nuts.

We loved Matt! Flick and America Rocks were great! Those were the only 2 we went to see. Get there early to get a good seat. We never made it to a comedy show.

A lot has already been covered. That's my 2 cents to add. :)

Hi! What do you mean by "arrive early for the shows"? 1 hour ? 30 mins? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your review. I have a few questions. Hoping you can help. Do you know what the cost of the chat is on the Hub app? Can we use our pop card at the movies? Do they still have the dive movies at night on Lido? Do they sell a picture package to get all your photos on a USB or CD? I feel like this would be a great way to make some money on their part and save some on ours 😁. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

Looks like we were getting on when you were getting off gypsywych. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It always surprises me how different peoples experiences can be on the same cruise. I guess it is bound to happen when there are 4K people on board.

We loved the Vista and it is on our short list for our 2018 cruise.

Thank you for your review. I have a few questions. Hoping you can help. Do you know what the cost of the chat is on the Hub app? Can we use our pop card at the movies? Do they still have the dive movies at night on Lido? Do they sell a picture package to get all your photos on a USB or CD? I feel like this would be a great way to make some money on their part and save some on ours 😁. Thank you!

The Hub chat function was listed @ $5 per person.

Yes, they had a Dive In Movie several nights.

Yes, I think they had a photo package on CD. Or possibly download able to your device.

I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions, sorry. :) Hope you have a great cruise!!!

Hi! Thank you SO much for your review!

I'm leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom (who will be 72) on the Vista in February.

She usually sails on RCCL, Celebrity, DCL and NCL in suites (Haven on NCL) and I convinced her last year to try the Breeze with my dd

Hi! Thank you SO much for your review!

I'm leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom (who will be 72) on the Vista in February.

She usually sails on RCCL, Celebrity, DCL and NCL in suites (Haven on NCL) and I convinced her last year to try the Breeze with my dd

Hi. I don't know what happened to my post LOL

Like I said above, I'll be sailing with my mom on the Vista in February. She said she would never try Carnival but my dd and I asked her to try the Breeze last year and we all had a fabulous time and sailed in a spa balcony! She usually sails suites so I figured the Havana Cabana was the best option for us to book and were very lucky that there was a Havana Cabana Suite available for our upcoming cruise, which I think is cabin number 5234.

If you have any pictures or more information about the Havana area I would love to hear it and wasn't aware that there were so many other options for things to do on Deck 5. I thought that there may be other cabins since my only concern was booking a Havana Cabana and not the location, whereas I usually make sure there are cabins above/below my actual cabin.

We also have spa weekly pass and I have seen pictures and read that the spa isn't as nice as the Breeze, which we adored.

I find on any line that we can never get our drinks when I want them. I have found I'm less stressed if I stop for a drink on the way to the restaurant and bring it in with me and the first thing I do before I order any food is order a second drink. If I am waiting for a drink and have had my meal in front of me, I want to wait for my drink. If this means I have to get up and leave the restaurant and get one I will do it but hope it doesn't come down to doing this in February. I am by no means a big drinker but when we go out and want to sit and relax with a nice meal, I want my drink LOL

Thanks again for taking the time for your review.

Hi. I don't know what happened to my post LOL

Like I said above, I'll be sailing with my mom on the Vista in February. She said she would never try Carnival but my dd and I asked her to try the Breeze last year and we all had a fabulous time and sailed in a spa balcony! She usually sails suites so I figured the Havana Cabana was the best option for us to book and were very lucky that there was a Havana Cabana Suite available for our upcoming cruise, which I think is cabin number 5234.

If you have any pictures or more information about the Havana area I would love to hear it and wasn't aware that there were so many other options for things to do on Deck 5. I thought that there may be other cabins since my only concern was booking a Havana Cabana and not the location, whereas I usually make sure there are cabins above/below my actual cabin.

We also have spa weekly pass and I have seen pictures and read that the spa isn't as nice as the Breeze, which we adored.

I find on any line that we can never get our drinks when I want them. I have found I'm less stressed if I stop for a drink on the way to the restaurant and bring it in with me and the first thing I do before I order any food is order a second drink. If I am waiting for a drink and have had my meal in front of me, I want to wait for my drink. If this means I have to get up and leave the restaurant and get one I will do it but hope it doesn't come down to doing this in February. I am by no means a big drinker but when we go out and want to sit and relax with a nice meal, I want my drink LOL

Thanks again for taking the time for your review.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but here's a few photos from our trip.

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/Narfell_AV/slideshow/Carnival%20Vista%20Funtimes/Carnival%20Vista%20Photos

I'm not sure if this link will work, but here's a few photos from our trip.

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/Narfell_AV/slideshow/Carnival%20Vista%20Funtimes/Carnival%20Vista%20Photos

Thanks so much! Your pictures are wonderful! Did you take them when you first boarded or early in the morning since you were lucky not having any strangers in them. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Hub chat function was listed @ $5 per person.

Yes, they had a Dive In Movie several nights.

Yes, I think they had a photo package on CD. Or possibly download able to your device.

I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions, sorry. :) Hope you have a great cruise!!!

Thank you!

I appreciate your taking the time to post a review. It's disheartening to read recurring complaints about service in the MDR. I'm glad you enjoyed other aspects of your cruise.

What was the price of the IMAX? It's been over 17 years since we cruised Carnival. Got Vista booked for October.

$12.95 for adults. 9.99 for kids.

It's also $9.95 for adults over 55 :cool: The IMAX theater is full sized and a very nice.

Thanks so much! Your pictures are wonderful! Did you take them when you first boarded or early in the morning since you were lucky not having any strangers in them. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of them were taken during the day, the bars either weren't open yet, or just quiet. 99% of those pictures are from locations on Deck 5. The photo of the Atrium was taken on a port day, the people in life jackets were crew preparing for an emergency drill.

The rest I think we just got lucky. I can show you photos of the Lido to show you where all the people are.