Question on checking for lower fare rates

JillL

Normally, when I check for a lower fare, I just go through a mock booking; however, for a cruise (just booked... yea!), there are only four rooms (total) in the category I choose, and three are gone already. Assuming it won't take long for the fourth to be booked, is there a way to check for a lower price without doing a mock booking. I thought I read once that you can do it by room category. Is that true, and if so, how?

Thanks much!

Use carnival fare viewer! (Google it!)...but I don't believe that you can get lower fares if your categories sell out!

Thanks! I thought about that... not being able to get a lower rate if it sells out. But if a room of a higher category drops below what mine is at (hypothetically), it seems I should get a better rate... (sounds logical in my mind) :)

Use carnival fare viewer! (Google it!)...but I don't believe that you can get lower fares if your categories sell out!

Thanks! I thought about that... not being able to get a lower rate if it sells out. But if a room of a higher category drops below what mine is at (hypothetically), it seems I should get a better rate... (sounds logical in my mind) :)

Hi Jill

As you suggested if there are no cabins in your category, you will not be able to get a price drop. If you see that prices of cabins in higher categories are dropping, then you would be able to get an upgrade. That is allowed, then you might be able to get a price drop for that new category cabin...again only if there are other cabins in that category available. Make sure your ticket type allows for price drops.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Here is the link to the Carnival fare viewer. It's much better than doing a mock booking against a cruise you already have booked:

https://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

Edit: Fare viewer lets you check fares at all the cabin categories and fare rates.

Thank you for that!

I thought that CC blocked links so I didn't post. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums