Games

Dianagail

We usually play in one of the lounges outside of the main dining rooms. Every ship we've been on has them. During the day they are very quiet, and sometimes they have pretty big tables. Only downside is it's a bit darker and you don't get the sun the way you do up on the Lido. For our family that doesn't matter, we aren't sun worshippers. I'd rather play in the quieter space.

Perfect timing! Our family has just gotten into settlers and are planning on bringing it on upcoming cruise. But I'm a little worried abut the whole ship tilty ocean things. Should we invest in a travel version which has pegs to hold things in place?

DS plays chess, constantly and loves to setup in the ocean plaza area (the tables near the specialty coffee cafe) along the hallway where people walk through (gets a big audience and lots of takers to play). We typically go setup after dinner (early dinner) and DH and I listen to whatever band they have playing and have an after dinner cocktail. We also have setup in the lobby part of the Red Frog Pub near entrance to pub. The tables on the Magic in this area were game tables with cup holders along edge etc. These tables get busy after dinner very quickly but are setup nicely for board games and cards.

Perfect timing! Our family has just gotten into settlers and are planning on bringing it on upcoming cruise. But I'm a little worried abut the whole ship tilty ocean things. Should we invest in a travel version which has pegs to hold things in place?

The travel version is awful don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time we cruised we used the library as well as the small tables along the Promanade. Also, during times between major meals, the Lido restaurant is not a bad bet. The tables there are generally pretty large so you can easily lay out a good sized board along with player materials. I would NOT recommend doing it on some of the outside decks because the breeze can be pretty strong (which is not too conducive to games with cards).

If the alchemy bar is on your ship, we used that place during the day to play Munchkin on the last cruise. Seating/tables worked well for playing a game and it was a quiet area where you still had a view out.

My husband and I love Settlers of Catan! Too bad we aren't cruising together, or otherwise we could meet for a game!

That said, I always find the library to be the best place for playing board games.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Library works. When it's quiet we've even been able to get away with filming some TableTop spoofs...

[YOUTUBE]4sj2JWK0vIw[/YOUTUBE]

Lol @ the games in the library. My husband and I tried to play a game on our last cruise and I don't think we were able to find one single one that had all the pieces. We ended up settling for a game of Scrabble, but even then, I'm sure it was missing letters. I told my husband that next time, we are bringing at least one game with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time we cruised we used the library as well as the small tables along the Promanade. Also, during times between major meals, the Lido restaurant is not a bad bet. The tables there are generally pretty large so you can easily lay out a good sized board along with player materials. I would NOT recommend doing it on some of the outside decks because the breeze can be pretty strong (which is not too conducive to games with cards).

I recommend NOT playing at the buffet area during during breakfast and lunch. I've seen people playing cards/games (and not eating) during the food rush and won't give up the table while other people are circling around trying to find a table to sit down and eat. Anytime after 2 is good as there are less people eating in the buffet.

I've seen people play at tables around the atrium. On the Miracle, there have been people playing cards in the alchemy bar area.