Cruise and Maritime Voyages - MS Bellejour

redlac

We're booked on the MS Bellejour in June 2017. Many of the MS Bellejour's sailings are sold out... yet it's like pulling teeth to find reviews anywhere.

I hope that folks will start sharing their feedback!

I am afraid it is not going to be easy with reviews on this ship. The Bellejour belongs to Premicon and used to sail as a charter for Transocean, a German company. She now runs for other companies. At the moment I have no time to look into this further. You can find German reviews on online travel agency sites that we are not allowed to link to on Cruisecritic. google for MS Bellejour Flusskreuzfahrten.

notamermaid

TransOcean is owned by CMV;). The ocean going vessels are more or less offered on the German and the English speaking market. The river cruise vessels have been offered mainly on the German speaking market. Therefore it might be hard to find any reviews.

steamboats

You can find German reviews on online travel agency sites that we are not allowed to link to on Cruisecritic. google for MS Bellejour Flusskreuzfahrten.

notamermaid

Perfect and thank you, notamermaid. Searching for "MS Bellejour Flusskreuzfahrten" then with a click of "Google Translate" I was able to read all of those reviews.

Seems like a lot of happy customers!

Quote: "TransOcean is owned by CMV;). The ocean going vessels are more or less offered on the German and the English speaking market. The river cruise vessels have been offered mainly on the German speaking market. Therefore it might be hard to find any reviews.

steamboats"

Indeed, a complicated world, worse than some family trees! :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transocean_Tours

Oddly, while the Belvedere is still listed as a Premicon vessel on a recent internet page, the Bellejour is not.

notamermaid

Another question about the Bellejour if I may...

I am curious as to how much they charge for WiFi access onboard a 7 night Rhine river cruise?

I have asked two different travel companies, based in two different countries, and have received two VERY different answers.

Answer Number One:

The Bellejour does haveWi-Fi and the cost is 5 euros per day or 15 euros for the week.

Answer Number Two:

Limited Wifi isavailable on-board, notably in the bar/lounge/reception area. Internet log-inpasswords can be purchased at the reception, including instructions on how toconnect.

• 1-hour for €5,00
  • 3-hours for €12,50
  • 24-hours for €19,50
  • Up to 7 nightsis € 47,50

During a follow up telephone conversation with the author of Answer Number One (who is actually the agent I am using), prices were again confirmed.

As I do not speak the german language, I am unable to research further. Can anyone find further information on this?

This might be a question you need to contact the cruise company directly for, seeing that you get two different anwers. Or it might be in the info they will send you closer to your cruise date. A quick look round websites in German only revealed: WLan auf dem ganzen Schiff (kostenpflichtig), meaning "Wifi throughout the ship (fee-based)". Which does not really help you, of course...

notamermaid