Dawn Upsell

shonadamson

We will be sailing on the Dawn on March 19th. I called the upset department, because this is the way that dawn is still doing things, yesterday. I was told since I was in an inside cabin to call back three days before they sail to see if they can upgrade me to a balcony or suite. Two questions. 1. Why would they wait so late? 2. Do they only do it this way for inside cabins?

Thank you

We will be sailing on the Dawn on March 19th. I called the upset department, because this is the way that dawn is still doing things, yesterday. I was told since I was in an inside cabin to call back three days before they sail to see if they can upgrade me to a balcony or suite. Two questions. 1. Why would they wait so late? 2. Do they only do it this way for inside cabins?

Thank you

I'm only guessing, but since you are in the lowest category they would make more money starting at the highest open category and find the next lowest category and upsell, repeat until they get to your category. If they bump you up to say a mini-suite for whatever price, they could have moved say a balcony to the mini, an OV to the balcony, and you to the OV.

Personally I think it is their standard line;) I am also on the March 19th Dawn, and about 2 weeks ago I called about an Upsell to the Garden Villa, I am currently in a category SF Suite. They also told me to check back three days prior to sailing if I still see it available.

I guess good for NCL and me they sold it and it is no longer available.

This sailing is getting close to being sold out, the only thing remaining is Balcony cabins and not too many of those. We still have 2 and a half weeks remaining so doubt they will want to make any offers they would rather sell a balcony at full price rather than upsell for a discount and still have an interior remaining.

Thank you

If you were asking for anything less than a suite, they don't open them for upsell until the last few days. Guess they are still hoping to book them to newcomers at full price. Good luck:)

We had an oceanview booked on the Dawn and were told the same thing. However, they stayed true to their word. We received multiple suite upgrade offers a couple of weeks prior to the cruise. When I called 3 days before the cruise, they did give me upsell prices for both balcony and mini-suite rooms, yet we ultimately decided not to upgrade.

We had an oceanview booked on the Dawn and were told the same thing. However, they stayed true to their word. We received multiple suite upgrade offers a couple of weeks prior to the cruise. When I called 3 days before the cruise, they did give me upsell prices for both balcony and mini-suite rooms, yet we ultimately decided not to upgrade.

We have an Oceanview for our upcoming Dawn cruise. Can you tell us what they were asking for an upgrade to Balcony?

Our OA category is sold out, but it looks like they have plenty of balconies left.