Solo Balcony Cabins

Guest 2000

I seem to be having some trouble finding the cruise lines which offer studoi balcony cabins. Do any of the far more knowledgeable members than I have a list?

I an considering a visit to the ABC islands via cruise.

I am usually a land holiday gal but limited time and idea of having to employ very little brain power currently sounds divine.

Thank you so much for your time.

Edit - maybe I need a list of ships which offer these rooms. Not all ships in a cruise line have them?

Edited by Guest 2000

Quantum class on rcl have them :). Others will chime in with more options. Last year I sailed solo in an aft balcony on MSC paying 200% and it was cheaper than anthems solo balcony so don't limit yourself to just solo categories. Sometimes with specials and discounts the double fare is negated. I wasn't thrilled with MSC though, so paying more for anthem is worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum class on rcl have them :). Others will chime in with more options. Last year I sailed solo in an aft balcony on MSC paying 200% and it was cheaper than anthems solo balcony so don't limit yourself to just solo categories. Sometimes with specials and discounts the double fare is negated. I wasn't thrilled with MSC though, so paying more for anthem is worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the insight.

I will keep looking.

My last cruise on NCL Epic I meet a woman who got a balcony solo for just over $600 for the week.

So there are bargains out there, but there are plenty of people looking for them too.

Yes that is not unusual as I got the same deal for a balcony on NCL Breakaway, and my latest was 749(balcony) for 13 days, plus taxes and fees of course. I do however book last minute cruises.

The cruise plum website is set up very well, while last min is doable from a time prospective, I do not live near any of the ports, the price of last minute flight may not be healthy for my bank account.

Thank you for the ship names.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Yes that is not unusual as I got the same deal for a balcony on NCL Breakaway, and my latest was 749(balcony) for 13 days, plus taxes and fees of course. I do however book last minute cruises.

My last cruise on NCL Epic I meet a woman who got a balcony solo for just over $600 for the week.

So there are bargains out there, but there are plenty of people looking for them too.

Interesting information, to be sure.

But, what was the quality of the cruise experience received? Worth $600/week? Worth $749/13 days?

Interesting information, to be sure.

But, what was the quality of the cruise experience received? Worth $600/week? Worth $749/13 days?

The quality of the cruise was great, it was NCL Breakaway, I have no complaints. That was actually my latest cruise which was January 2-15.

You are specific on the area you want to see, but is it the area, ship or social aspect that is more inportant? Reason I ask is that I am currently on the email list for Star Clipper and Windstar cruise lines for a cruise to ABCs. Windstar has solo balconies on some ships and on a promo, isn't fall on the floor overpriced. Starclipper is a sail yacht, so no balconies but large windows and an amazing sail experience. You can even go smaller on sail vessels for that area if the experience outways the balcony.

You are specific on the area you want to see, but is it the area, ship or social aspect that is more inportant? Reason I ask is that I am currently on the email list for Star Clipper and Windstar cruise lines for a cruise to ABCs. Windstar has solo balconies on some ships and on a promo, isn't fall on the floor overpriced. Starclipper is a sail yacht, so no balconies but large windows and an amazing sail experience. You can even go smaller on sail vessels for that area if the experience outways the balcony.

Thank you for the reply.

I have never been in a cruise, I am more land holiday gal than a ship full of people. My job, while not Wall Street intense, does have a non stop factor. I was considering a cruise because the number of choices one need make are limited, food and lodging are sorted. I like the idea of a balcony so I can sit, watching the world/water go by while reading a book. I chose the ABC islands to have a taste of the snorkling they offer.

I saw Windstar prices and another cruise line yesterday, 5k is out of my price range for 10 days. :0) If I am spending 5k I would much rather go on safari in Africa.

To answer your question... the ports for a reasonable amount of money are more important than the ship or the social scene. Silly me, I thought it would be less hassle and less expensive to travel by cruise ship. :0)

I am still doing the research one prices but may come down to a land stay and hopping from one island to the next.

Definitely 5K is too much, but as I mentioned, I get newsletters and they do go on sale. Island Windjammers is another much smaller option. I've seen them with no SS options. Being small, they get into areas other cruiselines don't get into.

Definitely 5K is too much, but as I mentioned, I get newsletters and they do go on sale. Island Windjammers is another much smaller option. I've seen them with no SS options. Being small, they get into areas other cruiselines don't get into.

Thank you so much. I will look into the newletter subscription, perhaps I will get lucky.

I appreciate your input.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...