corkage question

The corkage fee is not a charge to open your wine, but to make up the loss in revenue of you bringing the bottle to a public venue.

Best bet chill and open the wine in the privacy of your cabin, then pour a glass or 2 to take with you to dinnertime or the show. Your cabin steward will gladly fill a bucket w/ ice twice daily and procure you fresh glasses on request.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I think the fee is between $15-20 and as said above, it not a fee to open a bottle with cork...it's to help replace some profit that is lost by bringing to dinner. Doesn't matter the type of bottle closure.

So, yes, easy to avoid by bringing glasses to dinner but since I like more than a glass with dinner, I typically bring something nicer and worthy of paying a corkage fee.

Tip your head waiter $20 on first night and never pay corkage fees for the rest of your cruise. We also uncork our bottle in our room and bring it to dinner to enjoy. And we always pour a glass for our head waiter for them to enjoy it when they can. We've never paid corkage fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's $15, but I get the feeling it's rarely enforced. However I wouldn't want to take that risk either, as others have said stop at any bar and ask for 2 wine glasses, open the bottle in your room and then take the glass to dinner.

Tip your head waiter $20 on first night and never pay corkage fees for the rest of your cruise. We also uncork our bottle in our room and bring it to dinner to enjoy. And we always pour a glass for our head waiter for them to enjoy it when they can. We've never paid corkage fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If headwaiter is caught drinking wine while on duty nothing good will happen to him.

It's $15, but I get the feeling it's rarely enforced. However I wouldn't want to take that risk either, as others have said stop at any bar and ask for 2 wine glasses, open the bottle in your room and then take the glass to dinner.

In my experience (since I bring wine every cruise I've taken), they used to really only enforce the corkage policy in the Steakhouse. However, I was charged on all 3 of my cruises last year on Carnival. I really don't mind however since I'm using bringing bottles that retail in the $40-60 range that would cost $100+ off the wine list if they were offered. A corkage fee is small price to pay for enjoying your own wine. I do it because I also want more than 1 glass, so I choose not to just bring a glass with me.