fitness class packs?

savoy815

Good Morning,

This is my first post so please bare with me. My mom and I are doing an 11 day cruise on the Equinox departing 3/13 and I am looking for information on the group fitness classes. Specifically, if there are class packs (i.e., a spin pack or a bootcamp pack) that can be purchased at the beginning of the cruise and if so, the pricing for them.

I have looked all over the boards for info on the classes and pricing and have seen sporadic info but nothing solid or specific. I have even looked at multiple copies of daily newsletters and they mention certain classes for a fee but reference an insert to find pricing that was not included or tell you to talk to a staff member. A few threads mention going to the fitness center on the first day to purchase a class pack but I can't seem to find any corresponding info about what a class pack consists of. If there are no class packs, can you please let me know the price of classes and if there are any classes that you recommend?

Thanks in advance :D!

Best bet is to go to the gym, talk to the trainers and look for sign up sheets. They generally have fee based spin, yoga and other classes...single or multiple..& also have indiv training programs available I do not have prices handy.. Sign up early to avoid being closed out..yoga and spinning are popular on some itins..Not sure what they are doing with Zumba these days.. You can also try the usually disppointing website under spa/gym

They also have free stuff on a daily basis but sounds like you are looking for more advanced. Enjoy!

Best bet is to go to the gym, talk to the trainers and look for sign up sheets. They generally have fee based spin, yoga and other classes...single or multiple..& also have indiv training programs available I do not have prices handy.. Sign up early to avoid being closed out..yoga and spinning are popular on some itins..Not sure what they are doing with Zumba these days.. You can also try the usually disppointing website under spa/gym

They also have free stuff on a daily basis but sounds like you are looking for more advanced. Enjoy!

Thank you! I appreciate your response.

Just as an example, last year on the Silhouette there were two free 30 min classes in the morning (changed every day, times 7:30 am and 8:00 am, some days 8 am/8:30 am) and one in the evening at 5 pm.

For a fee was Pilates, Zumba, Yoga, indoor cycling. Fee was 11$ plus 18% service charge.

Go to the gym on embarkation day. They do have a programm with all classes for the whole cruise. There you can also sign up for the fee classes.

I don?t remember whether there were packages for spinning or a boot camp (I know that other cruise lines do offer this).

steamboats

Just as an example, last year on the Silhouette there were two free 30 min classes in the morning (changed every day, times 7:30 am and 8:00 am, some days 8 am/8:30 am) and one in the evening at 5 pm.

For a fee was Pilates, Zumba, Yoga, indoor cycling. Fee was 11$ plus 18% service charge.

Go to the gym on embarkation day. They do have a programm with all classes for the whole cruise. There you can also sign up for the fee classes.

I don?t remember whether there were packages for spinning or a boot camp (I know that other cruise lines do offer this).

steamboats

Thanks! This is super helpful.

We have just come back from The Infinity in Antatrctica and we had a gym package. It was $99 plus 18% service charge and this covered 12 pay classes (classes paid for singly were $11 plus 18% service charge) The package could be split across 2 people so we did 6 classes each. In effect we had 3 free classes.

We have just come back from The Infinity in Antatrctica and we had a gym package. It was $99 plus 18% service charge and this covered 12 pay classes (classes paid for singly were $11 plus 18% service charge) The package could be split across 2 people so we did 6 classes each. In effect we had 3 free classes.

This was the exact information that I was looking for. Thanks!

that is awesome - thank you for sharing.

i hope they offer this on my cruise this month on the equinox. my friend and i were looking to hit a few spin classes.

We were on the 14 night Constellation sailing last month and the package on sale then was buy 6 for the price of 5. Each class was $11 + gratuity. This could be used for yoga, boot camp, zumba, Pilates and indoor cycling. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the 14 night Constellation sailing last month and the package on sale then was buy 6 for the price of 5. Each class was $11 + gratuity. This could be used for yoga, boot camp, zumba, Pilates and indoor cycling. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks!

As said before, go to gym on the first day and check the gym schedule for the cruise. Some of the pay classes my be when you are on shore. So check the times and whether they fit into your personal schedule. Then you still can decide whether it´s worth buying a package.

I usually did the free morning classes and did my regular training on the cross trainer in the afternoon.

BTW, another good thing to do: never use the elevators (unless you are in a hurry or wear high heels you can´t walk with ;-))!

steamboats

Make sure you review the class schedule for the the entire cruise before you purchase a package. I have found that if you are interested in one particular type of class that this type of class may only be offered a handful of times throughout the cruise and not necessarily at times that are conducive to your schedule.

For example, I would love to take a yoga class every day - but found that on an a prior 11 day sailing, yoga was only offered about 4 times and 2 of those were at times not convenient (like 5pm - when you have a 6pm early dinner seating). So as attractive as a 12 class pack seems, I am not sure I would be able to find classes to my liking since I am looking for something very specific. Perhaps things have changed and I will find better options - but on my upcoming 14 day cruise I am hoping to be able to get in at least 2-3 yoga classes. If I can get in more - that would be wonderful.

The celebrity price per class is pretty cheap (about $12-15) so it's not so imperative to get a package. But do go to the gym on day one to check the schedule and sign up for classes. Comparatively, I took boot camp on Royal and it was $35/class. I saved a dollar by signing up for the series.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As said before, go to gym on the first day and check the gym schedule for the cruise. Some of the pay classes my be when you are on shore. So check the times and whether they fit into your personal schedule. Then you still can decide whether it´s worth buying a package.

I usually did the free morning classes and did my regular training on the cross trainer in the afternoon.

BTW, another good thing to do: never use the elevators (unless you are in a hurry or wear high heels you can´t walk with ;-))!

steamboats

good call...thanks!