AARP and Carnival Gift Cards

jewliana

AARP has gift cards now. Someone please tell me how long it took to receive the cards by mail? I need mine by the 28th to pay off my cruise.

About a week. So you SHOULD get them in time. Worst case, ask for a 3 day or so extension.

Greetings to all[emoji4] I went to view the carnival gift cards but nothing came up for Carnival. Must you be A member?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, if nothing came up then they are currently sold out. You don't have to be a member to accumulate points with either AARP or Allstate. You do however need to be a Verizon wireless member to accumulate points with them, which will be ending in October.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does anyone know if AARP changed their gc rules? I am trying to pay our final cruise payment (due 11/1.) I purchased several $500 (email) cards last week. Bought 2 more yesterday. I have one cabin left and I went to purchase 2 more email $500 cards (still saying they are available) and it is saying I have reached my max limit of purchasing 2 cards,even though I have purchased more than 2 in the last couple of weeks. Rewards was down for awhile yesterday, so I was wondering if this is still a glitch or they implemented new max purchase limits. I have googled, read the terms, and cannot find any mention of limits. If I just have to wait a few days to get another email one, that is fine. Otherwise I will order the shipped ones, hoping they get here in time.

Edited by cruise_co

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does anyone know if AARP changed their gc rules? I am trying to pay our final cruise payment (due 11/1.) I purchased several $500 (email) cards last week. Bought 2 more yesterday. I have one cabin left and I went to purchase 2 more email $500 cards (still saying they are available) and it is saying I have reached my max limit of purchasing 2 cards,even though I have purchased more than 2 in the last couple of weeks. Rewards was down for awhile yesterday, so I was wondering if this is still a glitch or they implemented new max purchase limits. I have googled, read the terms, and cannot find any mention of limits. If I just have to wait a few days to get another email one, that is fine. Otherwise I will order the shipped ones, hoping they get here in time.

They usually have a limit of purchase every 24 hours so just try again later today and it should be fine.

They usually have a limit of purchase every 24 hours so just try again later today and it should be fine.

That is what is baffling. It has been almost 36 hours and I am still getting the same error message.

I remedied it by having the husband register and do some surveys. Got the GCs I needed and my cruise is now good to go.:D

A lot of people on cruise critic, self included, no longer purchase from these re-sell sites due to the fraud issue stories of some other members. The cards were going through with money accepted for payment by Carnival, but later turned up to somehow be fraudulent cards. So, the original card issuers (not resell sites) being Allstate, Verizonwireless, and AARP are what is recommended. I'm sure it is hurting the resellers, but...better safe than sorry.

That is what is baffling. It has been almost 36 hours and I am still getting the same error message.

I remedied it by having the husband register and do some surveys. Got the GCs I needed and my cruise is now good to go.:D

I have seen variations on the Verizon site, once it was a 2 card limit reset every 2 days, the a 5 card limit reset every 5 days. Hopefully 2 can get 2 more at 48 hrs from when you bought the last 2.

I bought 3 of the $100 e gift cards on the AARP site last Saturday. I tried to buy one more, but could not put it in the cart. The message said I exceeded the limit of 2. LOL

The next day I went back and had no problem buying a $500 card, which we plan to use for onboard expenses.

I like the e gift cards so that they are delivered immediately. I turned around and applied each of them to our final payment.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone found these lately? I am booked on Carnival Vista and am in planning mode! Thank you!

They have the $500 and $100s right now. They've been in stock for a while now I believe, at least the $100s have. I bought $3,000 worth last week.

They have the $500 and $100s right now. They've been in stock for a while now I believe, at least the $100s have. I bought $3,000 worth last week.

where? I looked at 2pm today, and there was rcl, but not carnival!

I bought a $500 Carnival card at 1 pm today, and already have it in my email. Just checked the site again and all seem to be available.

I'm so glad they do ecards now.

Are you looking at the AARP Rewards for Good site?

We bought six $500 e-cards a little over two weeks ago. They were in stock for quite some time before then and I'm pretty sure they've been in stock every since.