Tickets for the Secret Itineraries tour in Venice

texasstar

I was trying to secure tickets for the Secret Itineraries tour using the Vivaticket website.

I am concerned because it is not a secure website and in order to order tickets you have to create a login that requests your passport and birth date. Does anyone have information on how to get tickets without providing this information?

Thank you.

From what I've read on the TA Venice Forum, this is the process for ordering tickets for the Secret Itineraries tour. I've read hundreds of posts and not one mentions any issues with the ordering process.

An option would be using a booking agent - Viator. Not sure if their website is secure.

Thanks to those that replied. I found another website that is secure and does not require my passport #. It is http://www.venice-museum.com. The tickets cost 4 euros a piece more, but worth the peace of mind. For those that are asking, it is a tour of the Doge's Palace that takes you into rooms not open to the public. The tour does not include the palace's main hall, but you can visit it afterward on your own.

Thank you for the information. I actually booked a combination tour of Doge's palace, Basilica, and Murano. Is it worth to book this "Secret" tour in addition? I would think it would be a mute point now.

This is what I've learned from my research:

When you arrive, you go inside the main door, with your email confirmation, and get in the line for online reservations, where they will give you your ticket. Then, you are directed out of the ticket office, through a side door, directly into the courtyard of the Palace, where the "ticket taker" directs you where to stand at the assigned time for your tour.

Recommended to bring your Passport and the credit card used to purchase the tickets

Entrance can be found on the lagoon side of the Palace (in St. Mark's Square, face the water and turn left).

This is what I've learned from my research:

When you arrive, you go inside the main door, with your email confirmation, and get in the line for online reservations, where they will give you your ticket. Then, you are directed out of the ticket office, through a side door, directly into the courtyard of the Palace, where the "ticket taker" directs you where to stand at the assigned time for your tour.

Recommended to bring your Passport and the credit card used to purchase the tickets

Entrance can be found on the lagoon side of the Palace (in St. Mark's Square, face the water and turn left).

Thank you. I was glad they allow a driver's license as ID instead of passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

we did this tour and loved it, here is my blog about it http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2015/11/november-6-2015-venice-italy.html

I then did a blog just on how to order tickets directly from the source http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2016/07/how-to-pre-order-all-your-italy-tickets.html

this blog includes links to the official doge's palace site

just a note...... it's three years since I used their website to get tickets for the Secret itineraries tour and I'm still getting e-mails from them on happenings in Italy.... you are forewarned

You do know that you can unsubscribe to these emails don't you?

Simple click of a button. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums