Marriott Harbor beach resort

carlp

This is a grand, old Florida resort and I love it! Public areas are amazing, it is ocean front and it might have the largest pool in Fort Lauderdale. Excellent location.

I'd stay here in a heartbeat, it's really a can't miss property.

I have stayed there about 15 times. It is right next to the sandy beach of the ocean. I find myself strolling between the beach and hotel quite frequently. The location is excellent. The pool is very large and there are several hot tubs. Service is great. Several children activities, fine food, good music. A distant view of the harbor should you wish to watch the ships come and go. I always stay in an ocean front room with a nice view. It has a balcony. In fact, I am heading there Friday.

One year I was trapped at the hotel for 3 days due to a tropical storm and no arriving ship to board. It was actually kind of fun hanging out with the other guests in the lobby. They set up an area for the kids with Xbox and PlayStation and had about 30 board games. Plenty of food to keep everyone happy.

It is a great hotel - would definitely recommend. We stayed there last Dec. They also have a drink truck that drives on the beach - kind of like the ice cream man but for adults ;)

This is the coolest thing I heard of recently! Love it!

My 2 cents: very bad hotel. Crowded public areas, except beach. Parking can be a nightmare---it is a garage and people double park in the garage. Way over priced. Valet do small damage to the car (a Lincoln). Poor service. Many small rooms and many with bad views. Location is good otherwise.

This is a GREAT place to stay! The staff are exceptional, and there are plenty of things to do. Also this Marriott was recently renovated so it is really beautiful. I really don't think it is overpriced, as it is on the water.

This is my favorite Marriott property. I'm cruising in May out of Miami and will stay here post cruise and fly home out of Ft. Lauderdale. This will be my 4 th. stay at this location; always an excellent experience. There Spa/ gym areas are also very nice.:)

Paula

We've stayed there a couple times., and just yesterday morning, I cancelled the reservation. This spring break we are going to the W in Lauderdale. The property is lovely, but so secluded. Of course it depends on what you're looking for and if you're just doing the pre cruise night, then its perfect. We like the action of A1A. When the kids were younger, this worked out fine, at 15 and 16, they want the "strip".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums