Does HAL show cabins as "Sold Out" during up sell period?

mbe30

Currently booked in an SS cabin on the April 2 Nieuw Amsterdam. As of yesterday there were still 11 Neptune Suites available and a handful of Signatures. Today both categories are showing as sold out. Does anyone know if HAL shows categories as sold out while they are contacting people with upsell offers, or is it more likely that they assigned all the guarantees and these categories truly are sold out? Clearly I'm hoping for an upsell offer to a Neptune but will be happy in our Signature if it doesn't happen.

I think HAL takes the cabins they are offering for upsell off the available list while they are working on them and then puts them back after they are finished. However, I don't know for sure that this is true.

That seems to be what happens when upsells were under way on our past cruises.

I have seen both the Signature Suite and Neptune Suite categories open and close a few times in the past couple of weeks for our Zuiderdam cruise in two weeks. Once the categories opened back up, I noticed some different staterooms available that I hadn't seen available before, so I would imagine they do close things down while the dust settles after a round of upsells.

I received an offer about 7-8 days ago, and just received another yesterday.

Currently booked in an SS cabin on the April 2 Nieuw Amsterdam. As of yesterday there were still 11 Neptune Suites available and a handful of Signatures. Today both categories are showing as sold out. Does anyone know if HAL shows categories as sold out while they are contacting people with upsell offers, or is it more likely that they assigned all the guarantees and these categories truly are sold out? Clearly I'm hoping for an upsell offer to a Neptune but will be happy in our Signature if it doesn't happen.

Or you may be really lucky - as my brother and SIL were recently on that cruise. They also were booked into an SS suite, only to find at the check-in counter that someone else has their suite, and they had been reassigned to an aft SA, gratis. What luck! Brother had turned down two upsells to an SA - so they gave it to him!

I am also on that cruise in a NS guarantee. I noticed a few days ago that all the NS disappeared. Before that Holland showed a certain 9 or so available on one floor but big box had a different set of NS rooms open on that same floor. I've been waiting for cabin assignment so that's why I have been watching, curious where we will land. We have an inside room on the 6th floor so I hope we can be near that one. I really don't want the 10th floor NS because of the tiny balcony. I can't believe how prices have doubled for cabins this past week. A balcony is more than what we paid for a NS.

Just out of curiosity, I've been looking to see what SS cabins on the Nieuw Amsterdam are still available for the April 9th sailing. I notice that the SS cabins just forward of the glass elevator on deck 5 and 6 port side remain available. Other than the fact that the balcony is next to the elevator, are there other drawbacks to those cabins? We're currently in a V on deck 5 midship,