Only ever sailed RC, will I like MSC?

welshrich

It's a different cruising experience. We were on the Splendida late last year in the Med and, like some others have posted, it was like being in Europe, except on a ship. Lots of nationalities & languages. English was not the primary language.

Ship was spic n' span and the staterooms & service were on par with the best of RCI. Unless you book Yacht Club, you will miss the Diamond & Concierge lounges. But there are plenty of nooks & crannies to crawl into if you need privacy and want to read your Kindles.

Once you get over the total absence of urinals in the public men's restrooms, MSC is pretty much on par with RCI. Check out the "coffee cuddle" which, as we remember, was a pretty good value coffee coupon deal.

Hi, I am looking at MSC for next Year because of the status match and good reports I've seen. However, trying to get the status match online asks for proof (as well as the number), I don't have a card or anything stating Diamond status with RCL how do you do the match?

Also probably sailing solo and out of school holidays, any thoughts on solo cruising with MSC?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

We attached copies of our latest Sea Passes with our application. They have your status on them.

Hi , all you need to do is take a screen shot of your profile page showing your status on the RCI website. Fill in the registration form online with MSC and attach your screenshot. Very simple to do. We got replies very quickly

I will add that you should submit a JPG file, as PNG files do not work.