Mobile Passport

Gopher1934

Tried using it twice. Once in January and once today. Both times it said can't process request when you try submit. Both times using terminal 25 at PEV. Not sure the issue. I will be sailing again soon and will be using terminal 18, maybe it will work there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used global entry at Port of Miami getting off Navigator of the Seas on February 17th. But didn't need it getting off Reflection on February 25th. So I think it is hit or miss in Miami. They did not have a specific line, but we asked one of the agents and they took us through.

If you are going to try to use Mobile Passport I recommend that you have the standard paperwork (Passports & Custom's Card) in-hand when disembarking. I tried to use MP at the end of our December Silhouette cruise and again in February at the end of our Regal Princess cruise. In Celebrity's terminal the MP system was down and the Agent needed the actual papers, which I already had in my hands.

In the Princess Terminal, I again had both the MP screen open and in plain view, and the standard papers in my other hand. When the Agent saw that I had both ready guess which one he asked for? That's correct, the paper work.

Lessons learned: have both papers and Mobile Passport ready, if nothing else the Mobile Passport will get you into the shorter "Mobile Passport" only line.

Tried using it twice. Once in January and once today. Both times it said can't process request when you try submit. Both times using terminal 25 at PEV. Not sure the issue. I will be sailing again soon and will be using terminal 18, maybe it will work there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't remember the terminal, but I also got a can't process request error when we disembarked from Silhouette on 2/12. Had to fill out the paper form while having breakfast - so mobile passport is worth a try but I wouldn't count on being able to use it either.

FWIW - Luggage valet was available at FLL and allowed us to walk off with the initial self-disembark group and we had zero lines (and zero luggage to find in the luggage hall) allowing us to clear CBP in about 3 minutes flat.

Tried using it twice. Once in January and once today. Both times it said can't process request when you try submit. Both times using terminal 25 at PEV. Not sure the issue. I will be sailing again soon and will be using terminal 18, maybe it will work

I had the same problem Feb.27 at terminal 25.

We used Mobile Passport very successfully at Terminal 25, Port Everglades in January off Silhouette. Well worth doing, we sailed through and were in the taxi lines before it started to back up.

• 1 month later...

Has this been a problem for anyone else?

Set up Mobile Passport on my iPhone 6S a couple of years ago. I upgraded to an iPhone 7 recently. Checking my Mobile Passport app for upcoming trip, I noticed that all my information has disappeared and I will have to re-scan the passports, input info, take photos, etc. I cannot find anyway to retrieve the information on the app. Apparently nothing was saved. :(

We used it in November and again in March at terminals 18 and 19 with great success. We also have Global Entry and filled out the paper form so that we could choose whichever was the quicker line. Having enjoyed the quick exit from the terminals, we hope that the powers to be will expand the program to include the Port of Miami by next March.

RCI advertises Mobile Passport heavily on its ships, but with one major error in both their written and video promotions. Contrary to what RCI states, Mobile Passport is NOT exclusively for US passport holders as Canadian citizens are also eligible.

We used this app in Port Everglades (currently the only port on the program) and went immediately through while hundreds stood in the regular line.

A great experience.

Same. No idea why so many pax ignored the suggestion of downloading the app.

But did you, or anyone else, have trouble when trying to activate the existing app, with all of your info, onto a new cell phone?

I'm still using the same cell phone, so I haven't had to transfer my Mobile Passport data yet, so my following comments are based on general experience with upgrading iPhones in the past.

When you acquired your new iPhone, did you transfer all of the information on your old phone to the new one? How? If you backed up the old phone using iTunes or iCloud and then did a restore of the backup on the new iPhone, any data associated with the app should have been copied to the new iPhone.

If you simply re-downloaded the app to the new iPhone and tried to use it, the app has no access to your personal data, including photos, which will still be residing on the old iPhone.

The Verizon Store did all the transferring. All other Apps transferred over with no problems. Where there is data also stored (like on HHonors, Delta, other airlines, etc.), all the info was retained. Maybe it's a safety thing with Mobile Passport. No big deal. I'll just have to re-scan and input info back into the app.

The Verizon Store did all the transferring. All other Apps transferred over with no problems. Where there is data also stored (like on HHonors, Delta, other airlines, etc.), all the info was retained. Maybe it's a safety thing with Mobile Passport. No big deal. I'll just have to re-scan and input info back into the app.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm skipping the 7 and waiting for the 8 to come out, and I'll bear your comments in mind when I do upgrade.

I decided to go ahead with the 7 to get a slightly better camera for my upcoming trip. I was having some trouble with my 6, and could upgrade by paying the taxes and activation fee (less than $100.) The camera is better and has nice color. I can upgrade to the 8 after all the bugs are worked out. ;)