RCI Question

Hi we r on the same cruise yay getting so excited 1st on RCI but 4th cruise ! Anyway our agent said the boarding is just a guide to keep things flowing we r on deck 8 but weather permitting we're going to drop bags and then visit Rocks markets which is what we did last time on Carnival.

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on the drinks - package is it worth it? how much r drinks?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I are sailing on the Voyager of the Seas on Sunday 26th March. As this is our first cruise on RCI I have a question about the suggested boarding times. We are on deck 6 and the suggested time and it does say suggested is 3pm. We are staying overnight in Sydney and check out is by 10am.

We will drop off our bags at the OPC and then had intended to do our checkin once we are able to. I read a post on the RCI board who said that while they were boarding VOS recently in late morning a man was told he couldn't board as he was on deck 3. The OP said that it was the first rime she had seen boarding times adhered to.

I know we can always sight see or visit the Rocks Market but if the weather is like it has been in Sydney, we don't really want to be wandering around in the rain. My husband is also walking with a limp and struggles sometimes to walk any distance although he will attempt to.

Perhaps Gbenjo or anyone who has been on VOS this season, could clarify if the suggested boarding times have been enforced at all.

Also if you have room service, thinking breakfast on the balcony, is it ok to tip the waiter with AUS coins or should I have some US dollar notes?

Thanks,

Leigh

We just got off Voyager yesterday, we were on deck 10 with 11am boarding, but we also had priority boarding so could go from onset of boarding no matter what deck we were on. They were turning people away that were not on decks 12, 10 or priority boarding at that time, but I can't comment on what happened after that time, maybe once they had the initial rush out of the way they may have allowed people on outside of their allotted boarding times. Robin:D

We just got off Voyager yesterday, we were on deck 10 with 11am boarding, but we also had priority boarding so could go from onset of boarding no matter what deck we were on. They were turning people away that were not on decks 12, 10 or priority boarding at that time, but I can't comment on what happened after that time, maybe once they had the initial rush out of the way they may have allowed people on outside of their allotted boarding times. Robin:D

Thanks Robin. We'll see what happens, hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Leigh