Great Stirrup Cay - Haven Area

Marine Mom

7 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Once complete, won’t the area be open for Haven guests without an additional charge?  That could sway me to pay to upgrade to a Haven cabin for the cruise.  Maybe I misunderstand what the area will be.  Regardless, I always book a regular cabana anyway for GSC. I have a small one booked for my next cruise even though I am going solo.  It just makes for a extra relaxing day, assuming we make the stop at GSC.  Having an exclusive area for Haven guests though would entice me to cancel the cabana and upgrade the entire trip to the Haven.

My understanding was that there would be based on some pretty detailed descriptions of the Haven area. And if I recall correctly it was supposed to have been completed by this past summer. But this newest info suggests they have either not completed it or changed their mind on it (but to me that would be quite a surprise given how detailed and clear the presentation for NCL was about the upcoming Haven area and the with restaurant to be within). I guess I shall see early in the new year! 

Edited by 2Beeze

On 12/13/2018 at 9:33 PM, Shidah said:

Once complete, won’t the area be open for Haven guests without an additional charge?  That could sway me to pay to upgrade to a Haven cabin for the cruise.  Maybe I misunderstand what the area will be.  Regardless, I always book a regular cabana anyway for GSC. I have a small one booked for my next cruise even though I am going solo.  It just makes for a extra relaxing day, assuming we make the stop at GSC.  Having an exclusive area for Haven guests though would entice me to cancel the cabana and upgrade the entire trip to the Haven.

The Haven area was suppose to be complete in 2017. Physically, there are about a dozen cabanas. There are 80 Haven rooms on big ships. No sharing here. They will go to the highest bidder, if they are ever completed. 

3E7DEFCE-BDE2-4403-B776-1EC969A39DEC.jpeg

Any reason or idea why this project is taking so long?

It seems like no one from NCL has a clue about completion.  It seems odd that there's no update or status announcement on something that is almost 2 years behind schedule....I'm sure money isn't an issue 😉

1 hour ago, trician24 said:

Any reason or idea why this project is taking so long?

It seems like no one from NCL has a clue about completion.  It seems odd that there's no update or status announcement on something that is almost 2 years behind schedule....I'm sure money isn't an issue 😉

Its the islands, everything moves at a snails pace

On 12/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, BirdTravels said:

The Haven area was suppose to be complete in 2017. Physically, there are about a dozen cabanas. There are 80 Haven rooms on big ships. No sharing here. They will go to the highest bidder, if they are ever completed. 

3E7DEFCE-BDE2-4403-B776-1EC969A39DEC.jpeg

I agree cabanas in the Haven would be for a fee, but if the area was more private without the worries of getting a chair, there might not a reason to book one.  I book them now to take away the stress of having to get their early, stake out a lounger, etc.  I try to avoid crowds when ever possible.  Who knows, maybe those are for spa treatments.  They look close together and not even at an area where one could enter the water???